[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bought things from feeling low - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Bought things from feeling low

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My hubby says I'm as tight as a ducks A***!!!!! Very true, comes from never having anything, really doesn't bother me. We have a roof over our heads, food in the cupboards and the bills are paid(just).
When I went into the Black horse bank to inform them Nan had passed away the woman did all the paperwork and then said to me "there's a nice little sum of money there for you to enjoy", insensitive I thought, I said "at the end of the day no amount of money is going to buy what I really want which is my Nan back".
I've never been good at spending money on myself, but I will buy other people things even if I can't afford it. I don't think it's guilt, I think I'm too tight to spend money and I'm not a very good shopper either Image

You sure you not from Yorkshire Blue Image Image We're well noted for being tight up here Image Image
Fortunatley my missus dont go throwing money all over the place Image She's always been careful that way and not throwing it around like its in plentyful supply.One in a million and i wouldnt swap her for nowt Image
My hubby says I'm as tight as a ducks A***!!!!! Very true, comes from never having anything, really doesn't bother me. We have a roof over our heads, food in the cupboards and the bills are paid(just).
When I went into the Black horse bank to inform them Nan had passed away the woman did all the paperwork and then said to me "there's a nice little sum of money there for you to enjoy", insensitive I thought, I said "at the end of the day no amount of money is going to buy what I really want which is my Nan back".

I know where you're coming from there.I know that one day we are gunna have a nice sum coming to us when dad passes away which is the day im dreading and hopefully it'll be a long time down the line yet.But one things for sure we aint gunna throw it around like crazy.Have always said a win on the Lotto won't change us.Well not much anyways Image Dad always taught me to be careful with money and save for a rainy day Image
My Nan was a Yorkshire lass, taught me well!!!!!!!
When i was working thats upto 1997 i had no problems re spending money i had dozens of long haul holidays U.S.A. twice a year 18 times altogether ( they wont even let me in now ?) Australia , all over Russia even tried to sort out the problems in CUBA new car every year honest no kidding all the latest stuff was mine, mine all mine but when i gave up work i had no problem re no more spending however i do spend money or should say what money i have on LAURA and other members of the family but for myself nowt and it does not bother me at all Image

I was the same back in the 80's when i was single and living with parents and on a nice wage.Holiday abroad every year sometimes 2 in a year plus new car every 2 years.The care free days lol Image
Since i am so tight anyway i don't spend cash.
Unless its essentials like the motorbike Image
thats how matt thinks

ive been out today to get the girls school tights and matt some new socks and brought myself a jumper (shock horra not a cardigan i think i have enough of them) and felt a bit guilty until i realsised on the train home it has cost £3 not 6. i get alot of bits for matt and the girls but rarely meself as i always feel guilty, when i HAD to get a new phone i haggled for it.

alex look on ebay m8,, matt got the girls a laptop for £60 , u have to have the charger in all the time but it works great , its a sony as well!

im a bargan hunter all my clothes r charity shops or bargan bin stuff and the teenage girls friends often ask me where it came from, my answer normally is dunno, look on the lable (its sooooo good when its a monsoon top and it cost me a couple of quid!)
I've never been good at spending money on myself, but I will buy other people things even if I can't afford it. I don't think it's guilt, I think I'm too tight to spend money and I'm not a very good shopper either Image

You sure you not from Yorkshire Blue Image Image We're well noted for being tight up here Image Image
I used to live in Manchester, so maybe as I was so close to you lot I caught the 'tight' bug Image Image
My Nan was a Yorkshire lass, taught me well!!!!!!!

Ah right i thought there had to be a connection Image Image

I used to live in Manchester, so maybe as I was so close to you lot I caught the 'tight' bug Image Image

Yeah well Lancastrian's are the same way Image Image Image