[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tele Care line service - Carers UK Forum

Tele Care line service

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to put in place a few things for my mum as I'm not going to be around for a period of time, one of the things I have discussed with her previously is having a tele care line service installed (this is our local council's version of careline with some added extra services), I have quite a specific question I wanted to find out if anyone knew the answer to.

My mum has a habit of unplugging the land line from the phone socket as she has some friends she knows which will call at all hours and she doesn't always want to talk to them, with the tele care line service is this going to cause an issue? I know the short answer would be to ask them not to call later in the evenings/at night but they don't have an understanding of boundaries so it wouldn't really work.

I was trying to find out how the tele care line system is setup physical connection wise (i.e. does it plug into the broadband micro filter then the phone plugs into the tele care line system)

Does anyone know how the system is setup connection wise and if my mum were to unplug the phone from the setup would it cause an issue? I was thinking if it could cause an issue then I could change the land line so it goes straight to answer machine after 1 or two rings, the amount of useful calls on the landline is minimal so it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Thanks

Anthony
Hi Anthony
Have you thought about just changing the phone? I have a phone with a night time setting - you can keep it on silent from whatever times you program into it- I think the default was 10.00PM to 6.00 AM.
It is usually an on/off function from the time settings with an option to amend the times for night time.
In Hampshire, a special phone with a large red button is installed, and the caree has a pendant alarm. If either the button or pendant is pushed, it connects to the call centre. No phone connected means no Lifeline either. I don't know how to get round your problem, but thought it might help to know how ig works here.
Coming back to what I think was your original question
I have a box and pendant similar to what BB is describing for Dad.
The phone socket in the wall is connected to the intenet filter thing which is connected to the lifeline box and the phone is then plugged into the lifeline box.
Henrietta wrote:Coming back to what I think was your original question
I have a box and pendant similar to what BB is describing for Dad.
The phone socket in the wall is connected to the intenet filter thing which is connected to the lifeline box and the phone is then plugged into the lifeline box.
On our Tunstall lifeline is as above BUT there is an adaptor between the lifeline box and the
telephone.
One can therefore disconnect the phone from the lifeline box and the phone
becomes dead, but the lifeline still work OK.
On closer inspection mine is also tunstall so that's what I am trying to describe :?
I know you can keep the phone plugged in separate to the Tungstall box but you then need to rejig the broadband filter (from memory) but I am not tempted to try it or I will mess it up.
I have found them very helpfull and they will visit to check the connections if you request them to.
I think the phone option which turns the ringer off at night time is easiest . This leaves the phone operational for outgoing calls and no need to remember to do any unplugging or swapping cables around before you go to bed.
Sorry everyone for the late reply, I have so much I'm trying to sort out right now I need to write it all down, when one thought pops into my head two more drop out!
Henrietta wrote:Hi Anthony
Have you thought about just changing the phone? I have a phone with a night time setting - you can keep it on silent from whatever times you program into it- I think the default was 10.00PM to 6.00 AM.
It is usually an on/off function from the time settings with an option to amend the times for night time.
Thanks Henrietta, from memory I think our phone has this function so I will check that out.
Henrietta wrote:On closer inspection mine is also tunstall so that's what I am trying to describe :?
I know you can keep the phone plugged in separate to the Tungstall box but you then need to rejig the broadband filter (from memory) but I am not tempted to try it or I will mess it up.
I have found them very helpfull and they will visit to check the connections if you request them to.
I think the phone option which turns the ringer off at night time is easiest . This leaves the phone operational for outgoing calls and no need to remember to do any unplugging or swapping cables around before you go to bed.
Albert_1604 wrote:
Henrietta wrote:Coming back to what I think was your original question
I have a box and pendant similar to what BB is describing for Dad.
The phone socket in the wall is connected to the intenet filter thing which is connected to the lifeline box and the phone is then plugged into the lifeline box.
On our Tunstall lifeline is as above BUT there is an adaptor between the lifeline box and the
telephone.
One can therefore disconnect the phone from the lifeline box and the phone
becomes dead, but the lifeline still work OK.
Ah thanks that is really useful to know
bowlingbun wrote:In Hampshire, a special phone with a large red button is installed, and the caree has a pendant alarm. If either the button or pendant is pushed, it connects to the call centre. No phone connected means no Lifeline either. I don't know how to get round your problem, but thought it might help to know how ig works here.
Thanks for the info
Have you thought about an answerphone? That way it gives your mam full control, day and night, about whom she answers the calls from.

x
rosemary wrote:Have you thought about an answerphone? That way it gives your mam full control, day and night, about whom she answers the calls from.

x
Thanks Rosemary, we do have one at the moment, I think we should be ok if I adjust the number of rings before it goes to answerphone and the day/night settings so it doesn't ring at all hours, that way when she gets the telecare line installed everything should run smoothly without her feeling like she needs to disconnect the phone