[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bloody so called overlapping rules dwp love to say to carers - Carers UK Forum

Bloody so called overlapping rules dwp love to say to carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My blood boils like in a a cauldron when i hear OF THE LOVELLY PEOPLE
AT THE DWP they love to say to carers and l think they see this with GLEE
that you cannot have this or that due to the overlapping rule or no thats just
how it is. I am sick and tired of this tat we all get bombarded as if we are all
in our own individual IRAK OR AFGANISTAN WAR AGAISNT NOT THE TALIBAN
BUT THE DWP AND GOVERNMENT.

Just trying to put over the war that we have to fight as unpaid fulltime carers and
the deadline of 2018 for supposed change haha haha never that is why i dont post much here
as the government get away with stealing from all of us blind and been legitamte at the same time.

what about carers rights and disabled rights they mean nothing and have no footing when you do go to tribunal to fight for those righs waste of time etc.

may be mat or gavin or christine could tell us why these rigths dont mean anything meanwhile we all suffer etc kenneth2dundeescoland now fife Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
kenneth2dundee
what about carers rights and disabled rights they mean nothing and have no footing when you do go to tribunal to fight for those righs waste of time etc.

Well I agree with you, if you are a full-time carer there is no help or support out there . Now if you were a working carer you would get all the help and support you needed to work and care and that of course is in the best interest of the Government don't you think!
may be mat or gavin or christine could tell us why these rigths dont mean anything meanwhile we all suffer etc kenneth2dundeescoland now fife
Yes I second that!!!
My blood boils like in a a cauldron when i hear OF THE LOVELLY PEOPLE
AT THE DWP they love to say to carers and l think they see this with GLEE
that you cannot have this or that due to the overlapping rule or no thats just
how it is. I am sick and tired of this tat we all get bombarded as if we are all
in our own individual IRAK OR AFGANISTAN WAR AGAISNT NOT THE TALIBAN
BUT THE DWP AND GOVERNMENT.

Just trying to put over the war that we have to fight as unpaid fulltime carers and
the deadline of 2018 for supposed change haha haha never that is why i dont post much here
as the government get away with stealing from all of us blind and been legitamte at the same time.

may be mat or gavin or christine could tell us why these rigths dont mean anything meanwhile we all suffer etc kenneth2dundeescoland now fife Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

You sound as pissed off as me!! lol funny you coming from fife aswell! I agree with everything you say here.... no one friggen care's!! It's like talking to brick wall!! haha Image
The rights do indeed exist, and they do mean a great deal to many of us. Most of them were hard fought by carers willing to go that extra mile ... like Sharon Coleman:

Some carers do more than shout - they fight back: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7219097.stm

A victory Yes for working carers but have you ever explored the human side of caring for the sick and elderly who are dying? I don't see too many reporting on that!
A victory Yes for working carers but have you ever explored the human side of caring for the sick and elderly who are dying? I don't see too many reporting on that!
Yes, I was at my father-in-laws side along with my wife when he died, supported wonderfully by the staff of the nursing home where he lived for the last four years of his life during his terminal illness. We had cared for him in our home for ten years, but we knew how to share the burden when we couldn't cope any more. They did a far better job of caring for him 24/7 than we could have, and their loving and highly professional care enabled us to ensure that our own children had our full and undivided attention, whilst we continued to develop our own careers and visited him whenever we could. Many of them came to his funeral, unpaid, on their day off. He had that quality about him - to inspire love in people.
It's all about choices, isn't it? We made the right decisions, for us, and for him too.
And we also kept a few people in useful work.
Every carer who hands over the care to paid staff creates three to five jobs. It's one thing carers bleating on about how much we save the economy, but just consider how many jobs we can create when we quit - including our own!
Picture]Image[/url]
That's such a lovely picture and one to remembered . But i just want to show others' the truth and reality.

PS, I will post my own picture of my mum but haven’t figured out how to transfer it yet from my own mobile phone- mean while visit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4eXJi50EMI
I've said it before and I'll say it again: our experiences as carers are all different and that is what makes this forum such a good place to visit.

No one can deny that for some, getting help is a nightmare while for others it can be easier. There is little or no equity in the way carers or their loved ones are treated. Either way, it's reality.
There can be no picture which shows the truth and reality of carers and our carees, there are many different and changing shades of caring and those we care for and no one picture can encompass all of them. We care for the very young to the very old, for a wide range of different illnesses and disabilities, we care those who will regain some function to those who will deteriorate and eventually die, we too are very individual, from the young and healthy to those who are themselves older and/or sick or disabled, what unites us and is the truth and reality is that we all provide substantial care, some of us 24/7 care, for people we love. To suggest that one picture can illustrate need for care and care provided is, I would suggest, not a good idea, it implants in the mind of the general public a stereotypical image and we all know the problems that stereotypes can present.
Truth and reality can depend on where you are standing.
Working carers too have to fight for everything they get, it's not handed out on a plate!
Even though I am at the 'other end' I think it is wonderful that at last children with disabilities can have opportunity, quality of life and even an independent future instead of being hidden away or institutionalised.
I have a friend whose child has muscular dystrophy and yes, he is dying, but while he can still do, he is out being enabled to do.
Caring covers a huge spectrum of individuals, their truth and reality is from where they are standing, no one view covers it all.