[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Best of Days. - Carers UK Forum

Best of Days.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
St.Davids Day,St Patricks day,WOW.So What are you doing either day,be it quiet or otherwise?.
Nothing planned for St Davids or St Patricks but thought i`d kill a dragon on St Georges day,if the cat doesn`t get there first. Image Image
ha...ha...you old dragon slayer you.
I haven't made welsh cakes for ages, might make some for St Davids day. Have to hope we have some daffs ready too, as we always wear a daffodil.When the children were small, the school always had a concert and coffee morning,which was fun.
I don't celebrate them at home, but they will be featured at school in the assemblies of the week - usually includes an acted out story, music, sometimes some group art and something to taste.

Melly1
It is a great time for children to enjoy the events.
As a small child I quite enjoyed the Saints' stories. The first time around. And the stories became increasingly "iffy" once I got past 7. Using vegetation as a form of identification/uniform is one thing, if not exactly miraculous. Killing a dragon is quite another, and definitely miraculous even if for the wrong reasons.
I think its just great to see St,Davids Day celebrated more now.Children in traditional welsh costume.Its the National day so why not?.I a agree the myths behind these figures are "Ify","When I was a child I thought as a child....etc".But,they are as good a day as any to celebrate your nation. Image