[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The carer in hospital - Carers UK Forum

The carer in hospital

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all,

So who takes over???

The answer is nobody until the carer is better

How does anyone else cope the carer went to a&e & then was admitted so the carer is not aloud to be ill???
This is big problem in many ways (see my earlier post 'who carers for the carer'
This is big problem in many ways (see my earlier post 'who carers for the carer'
Thanks Jimbo,

I understand this is common & there is no answer except family should step in lol in that aspect

Cannot find this post Jimbo Image Image
Hi Angie,

there should be a Carers Assessment that would cover something like this. I'm still waiting for mine to happen, it keeps getting postponed. Part of the assessment is an Emergency Action Plan which deals with yours question.

I can't give you any more than that but look up those terms or contact your local carers association.

Hope this helps.
Hello Angie I have sent you a PM, of the post.
Hello Angie I have sent you a PM, of the post.
Hi Jimbo I got it thanks
Hi Angie,

there should be a Carers Assessment that would cover something like this. I'm still waiting for mine to happen, it keeps getting postponed. Part of the assessment is an Emergency Action Plan which deals with yours question.

I can't give you any more than that but look up those terms or contact your local carers association.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sprinter

I was offered breathing exercises for my assessment lol
Jim, can you PM me the thread, too, please... I couldn't find it either.
Angie, a good carers assessment should also have an "emergency plan" or contingency plan - what will happen if the carer is suddenly unable to continue caring. This is especially important for those carers who have no family to take over. It's one of the most important features of a carers assessment and yet it seems to be the most ignored.