[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Keeping it simple - Carers UK Forum

Keeping it simple

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
This is something that raises BIG issues with me.

We have always had pre-payment gas and electricity meters in our homes and I have found that the older ones have been far simpler to operate than their modern counterparts. With the newer ones, my caree always struggles to put the gas on when left to do it alone because of memory issues and problems reading.

My question is:- If left alone with no gas or electricity because the meter had run out, could your caree put extra on or activate the emergency?
In a word no she couldnt, mind you Sarah is never left alone at her age, maybe when shes older if I showed her she could do it
Well, on January 21st 2011, we'll have lived here for 2 years and today has been the first time that Dave has been able to activate the emergency gas alone so we are sort of celebrating the achievement.

I know it's not exactly a HUGE thing but when I can be in and out of hospital a lot over the winter months, it goes a long way to laying my mind to rest to know that if it comes to the worst, Dave can put both gas and electricity on alone because when I'm gone he is largely alone although a friend will pop by to make sure all is well and a neighbour will help him if he really struggles.