[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit fraud - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit fraud

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My brother is an Accountant. !3 years ago, he was in a similiar finanical postion to my family. £30,000 house, one partner working, reasonable income. Now, he has a £500,000 house, private school for his children, private sports clubs for his children, clients who give him gifts such as bottles of whisky and 24lb turkeys at Christmas. He doesn't have anything to do with me and our sister anymore!Incidentally, a few years ago, he was living in rented accommodation for a few months, while deciding where to buy their next property. This fell at Christmas time, and the fellow who gives my brother a turkey, ended up taking it to someone els, as my brother said he would be unable to accept it, as they didn't have a big enough oven!
My brother has always said that his wife is his secretary,as he gets a tax allowance for her, and at one time, they were able to get Tax Credits, God knows how, and maybe they still do, I have no idea.(We live in West Wales, where half a million gets a really good house).

He lives in a different world to me now.but I don't think I would want to live in his devious world, and if money corrupts you like this, then perhaps I am better off in poverty.My brother doesn't visit our 80 year old father more than twice a year (Christmas and birthday), and when our Mum was terminally ill, he told me that she was nothing to do with him any more, his wife was more important.

When I look at our lives, I know that I was dealt the right set of cards. I never want to live without love in my heart.And I read so many posts on here, then I know everyone, although frustrated, must be wonderful loving people. At least we Carers can hold our heads and hearts up to the world, and know we are full of love.(More money would be wonderful, but we still muddle through,somehow) Image
"When I look at our lives, I know that I was dealt the right set of cards. I never want to live without love in my heart.And I read so many posts on here, then I know everyone, although frustrated, must be wonderful loving people. At least we Carers can hold our heads and hearts up to the world, and know we are full of love.(More money would be wonderful, but we still muddle through,somehow)"

Beautifully put.
If benefit fraud was really cracked down upon maybe there would be more money for us carers and the genuinely disabled. I would have no hesitation in reporting someone to the authorities ifI thought they were claiming fraudulently!
Hi
I like the bit (If I Thought)
Well I would need more than Thought before I reported somebody we know that people who seem well one day and gone the next.
Some may have cancer and show no sign's of it.
What would you do in a case like the young woman that done all those sponsored bike rides for Charity and had nasty pen letter's telling her there was nothing wrong with her then last year her body gave up on her and she died.
If I had doubt I would have to give the benefit of doubt to ever it concerned.
Look at my wife with her false leg on she looks fit and well clothes and a false leg hides a lot you wouldn't be able to guess all the medical conditions my wife as and how they have contributed to her amputation's.
So as you have told others think before you post.
Please think before your thoughts on the matter of makeing someone like yourself who is genuine not to have to worry about a investigation because one day someone may think you are not genuine in your claim and put you through unnecessary worry.
John