[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Is there a capital limit for carer's allowance? - Carers UK Forum

Is there a capital limit for carer's allowance?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Does anyone know if there's a limit on how much capital you can hold if you are on carer's allowance?

If so, please can you tell me the amount/s and what sort of reductions might apply?

Also, do "earnings" for carers allowance include interest from capital?

Any advice much appreciated.
hi Mamzi, and wecome to the forum.
No, carers allowance isn't means tested for capital,
And you can still receive money from other sources than employment such as income from investments and an occupational pension whilst receiving CA.
Thank you very much excalibur, wherever I go online I seem to have a habit of posting straightforward questions (in this case I thought most people on Carer's allowance would know the answer) and getting lots of reads and zero responses. Thank you so much for breaking that cycle.

Very useful information that isn't so easy to find for those who have not yet sought financial assistance for caring! Very much appreciated Image