[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit cheats? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit cheats?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Differing opinions is the sign of a healthy debate, provided it's done from the point of view of accepting that your view may be disagreed with: I get plenty of that at home so I can live with it here!

I think Excalibur is right - I don't post on every thread I agree with, partly for time reasons and partly for the reasons he gave. Equally, I do disagree with others and occasionally those disagreements can raise the temperature of the forum: sometimes it's hard to avoid giving offence, but it doesn't mean we cannot try.

Perhaps, though, sometimes we need to take offence less quickly and think about what is really being said: it is ok to disagree with others, but not to disrespect them in doing so.
yes for the record in do not get carers allowance due to been severely ill myself.

yes i post here very seldum now due to me feeling are we all getting anywhere with all of our efforts in getting financial help and support.

I think we are hitting our heads of brickwalls matts posting about the strategy says it all billions of pounds can suddenly be found after shock revalations come up unexpectantly.

yet even with what we all do nothing is forthcomming.

what ever contribution to this forum is made fine but the word individuality and each circumstances are all unique to you in yours and our lives.

this government has fobbed carers of 24/7 and will get much worse in the comming future.

kenneth2dundeenow fife
yes for the record in do not get carers allowance due to been severely ill myself.

yes i post here very seldum now due to me feeling are we all getting anywhere with all of our efforts in getting financial help and support.

I think we are hitting our heads of brickwalls matts posting about the strategy says it all billions of pounds can suddenly be found after shock revalations come up unexpectantly.

yet even with what we all do nothing is forthcomming.

what ever contribution to this forum is made fine but the word individuality and each circumstances are all unique to you in yours and our lives.

this government has fobbed carers of 24/7 and will get much worse in the comming future.

kenneth2dundeenow fife
it's funny Kenneth, I don't usually agree with you but I would miss you very much if you ever stopped to post here. It seems to me, if there is a loaf of bread out there, you would say "half the loaf is missing, that is because we have been robbed", and I would say - "hey we have half a loaf, let's have a party"!

I'm not an optimist, I just take the long view. 100 years ago the miners around here were living in hovels and they took a 12% pay cut because trade was poor - they were earning pennies as you know. Now, folk moan if they get a 3% pay rise because they have to take the bus and leave the car at home.... hmmm. Anyone want to go back to 1908 - slums, abject poverty, no human rights, not even the vote for women? No takers? OK, my case is made - things have improved a lot.

On that basis, I suspect things may well continue improving, but only if we keep fighting for a better deal, and all together as brothers and sisters. So - lets look forward with hope. (After all, if anyone had told me this time last year my football club would have got to the UEFA final , I would have laughed in their face... but they did, and also picked up the Scottish Cup !!
We should be jolly grateful that we live in a country where we do get benefits.
I'm not grateful to be classed as unemployed and moved to a JSA,

I'm not chuffed to bits to be 'working' practically 24/7 caring for the measly Carers Allowance.

I'm even less than chuffed about being in a system where someone is paid £7.50 & £10 an hour to let me go out and earn £7.00 for a few hours a week. Image

People are not only looking for improvements for themselves you know!

We all agree the overlapping rule is awful!

Removing Carers Allowance from people on their pension in their later years and who are still caring is the worst insult of all!! Image

We are all getting older and for some, Caring will be life long so it's everyone's job to sort this disgrace out isn't it! Image

Things do need to change but they need to change for the better.
This can only be achieved if we all stick together. Image

marie x