[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit cheats? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit cheats?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi
I applaud your honesty.
But i seem to get the impression that you have this way of putting people down it may not be intentional but it sometimes comes across as it does.
People put there thoughts on here and it's what they are thinking at the time of posting it may not be what you are thinking it may not be what others are thinking but it is there right as it is yours to post.
Please don't take this as me being offences to you i am not.
I think we can all see other's views and don't think that others are envious of others.
I should be envious because i don't even get the small amount as you do of C/A.
So let's see the good in all our posting whether we agree with them or not.
John.

Of course people can put forward their point of view and do. But I get a bit tired of all the whinging that goes on this forum about the benefits system etc. We should be jolly grateful that we live in a country where we do get benefits even if they are not as high as we would like them to be! I have friends in the US who are not nearly so fortunate.

Times are hard in case folks haven't noticed, there is a credit crunch so the Government isn't likely to increase benefits, there is no point in moaning about it, we will all have to tighten our belts and get on with it!

I don't think this is the forum for me. My views are likely to cause offence, so I will not post here again. I bid you all farewell.
Sarniajoy,

I appreciate coming on here and reading other peoples points of view. Even if we don't agree, I think everyone is trying to be honest with their own feelings. I get so much support and learn to understand other peoples needs, by reading many of the posts on here.

You have a different life to me,you have a different outlook, but that is the way of the world. Don't disappear, you have had some lovely postings,even when I don't understand, I hope I can still respect you as an individual. Image
Telling as it is is hardly whinging and the above statement seems to contradict all that has gone before, i.e. that those who attempt to do things despite huge difficulties are penalised for doing so, this sort of person is hardly a whinger, a whinger would sit and do nothing and expect others to take over.

If people didn't discuss the faults in a system and try and do something to correct them women wouldn't have a vote, all disabled people would be institutionalised including the learning disabled and the mentally ill, black and ethnic minorities would be denied jobs and housing, etc., etc. Personally I'm grateful to those who in the past identified injustices and protested in order to make a better life for themselves and others, without them I'd be disenfranchised and living in a crippleage.
[quote]Hi
I applaud your honesty.
But i seem to get the impression that you have this way of putting people down it may not be intentional but it sometimes comes across as it does.
People put there thoughts on here and it's what they are thinking at the time of posting it may not be what you are thinking it may not be what others are thinking but it is there right as it is yours to post.
Please don't take this as me being offences to you i am not.
I think we can all see other's views and don't think that others are envious of others.
I should be envious because i don't even get the small amount as you do of C/A.
So let's see the good in all our posting whether we agree with them or not.
John.

Of course people can put forward their point of view and do. But I get a bit tired of all the whinging that goes on this forum about the benefits system etc. We should be jolly grateful that we live in a country where we do get benefits even if they are not as high as we would like them to be! I have friends in the US who are not nearly so fortunate.

Times are hard in case folks haven't noticed, there is a credit crunch so the Government isn't likely to increase benefits, there is no point in moaning about it, we will all have to tighten our belts and get on with it!

i agree with your points you made too, so don't leave, we need to hear both sides of every debate.
if their was no CA at all how many of us would still care for that person regardless???. most of us i expect. oh and by the way i don't get CA, so i could also be envious of others who do.each individual case is different.
But I get a bit tired of all the whinging that goes on this forum about the benefits system etc
A quote from sarniajoy.

As I put up the thread for a reasoned debate, I object to your remark about 'whinging', as there is nothing whinging in it.

I also do not receive Carers Allowance, but that does not mean that I think people are whinging when they say about the ridiculously low level it is set at.
Yes, times are hard, but if you have no options open to you to earn any money and for a lot of carers, this IS the case, then this winter is really going to be a case of eat or heat.

And, as Parsifal said, if no one had ever corrected past injustices then we would still be in the Dark Ages.
Or perhaps you think it is not an injustice that people live in poverty simply because they gave up their own life for someone they love?
Hi Sarniajoy.
I said what i thought and i asked you not to take offence.
I have no wish for you to stop posting your contribution are of some use to some and not to others that's the way this forum work's.
We post our thoughts or we post advice or ask questions.
We will all post something on here that might offend if we do then i for one liked to be told.
As we know we cant please everybody and what a boring place this would be if we did so have your say but please don't be surprised if someone Say's something back that you don't agree to as they have not agreed with you.
If you still wish to go then don't let me stop you but if you stay then we can still debate thing's and you never know we might agree on a few thing's but yet again i cant promise anything.
Kind regards John
I cannot understand people that post on forums - 134 interesting posts as in Sarniajoy's case and because their opinion was disagreed with, they leave the forum.

Sarniajoy has posted 134 times and because her opinion was disagreed with just once, off she goes. I didn't agree with that particular posting either but it seems some people can't handle other people's opinions.

I had a similar problem on another forum where I posted my true opinion. No rudeness. No bad language. Not even any nastiness. I just didn't agree with an opinion somebody posted and I was banished from the forum and my registration cancelled. All because some people can't handle others disagreeing with them, which, I think is extremely childish.
I cannot understand people that post on forums - 134 interesting posts as in Sarniajoy's case and because their opinion was disagreed with, they leave the forum.

Sarniajoy has posted 134 times and because her opinion was disagreed with just once, off she goes. I didn't agree with that particular posting either but it seems some people can't handle other people's opinions.

I had a similar problem on another forum where I posted my true opinion. No rudeness. No bad language. Not even any nastiness. I just didn't agree with an opinion somebody posted and I was banished from the forum and my registration cancelled. All because some people can't handle others disagreeing with them, which, I think is extremely childish.
Well said, DOrOthyG...
(yes, most of the time I agree withwith everything posted here too, even though I don't usually say so - it would be boring if everytime somebody posted something, everyone lined up to agree, wouldn't it!) Image Image (So I think thats probably why forums like this appear to be more heated than real life meetings - when carers do get together I have noticed that we are usually very polite and supportive of each other).
Surely when we post something that we know might be contentious we do it in the full knowledge that we risk having people disagree with us so we can't really complain if some people object. There will always be a diversity of opinions on boards like this where people from different backgrounds living in different circumstances come together, if I wanted a conversation or debate where no-one would disagree with my point of view I'd talk to myself. Actually... Image .
if I wanted a conversation or debate where no-one would disagree with my point of view I'd talk to myself. Actually... Image .
I do that, I find it's my only chance of intelligent conversation Image Image