my reply from david camerons gofa

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
he isnt gonna be joining CUK by the looks of it and this may be a general message that is sent out ot every one
but i thought i would share it with u all (and dont laugh or giggle my full name is corinne, i just only get called it when im in trouble)

Dear Corinne,

I am writing on behalf of David Cameron to thank you for your letter.

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to write to David about your life as a carer.

David has always regarded carers as the unsung heroes of our society, and believes that we don't do enough to celebrate their work. There are an estimated six million carers in the UK, and each one plays a valuable and vital role. Sadly, as you know, they have to battle with bureaucracy to ensure that someone they love stays at home rather than going to an institution. In David’s opinion, the Government could be doing far more to support family and informal carers.

The current issues facing carers are caught up with the complicated question of care funding. Unfortunately, the Government has dodged this important issue for the last ten years and seems to be unable to offer any solutions. Instead of taking action, Ministers have published endless review after review.

As you may be aware, the Conservative Party has already announced a number of measures that we will implement when we reach Government. We shall ensure that every person that cares for someone else has the right to request flexible working hours so that they can manage their career and caring responsibilities in the best possible way. We will also ensure that everyone who wishes to have Direct Payments can do so to ensure that they can get the support and assistance that they need and want, rather than being forced to fit around the provision of the local authority. In addition, we want to establish clearer rights to respite care in order to recognise the role played by voluntary carers, without whom local social services would be wholly incapable of meeting the needs of the disabled and the chronically ill.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time and trouble to get in touch.

Yours sincerely,

Alice Sheffield

Office of David Cameron MP
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA
This is Georges reply.Spot any similarities Rin Image Image

Dear GEORGE ,

DAVID has asked me to thank you for informing him of your life as a carer and he has asked me to reply .

DAVID has always regarded carers as the unsung hero`s of society, and believes that we dont do enough to celebrate their work.
there are an estimated six million carers in the U.K.
and each one plays a valuble and vital role,sadly, as you know they have to battle with the bureacracy to ensure that some one they care for stays at home rather then going into an institution.
In DAVIDS opinion, the government could be doing far more to support the family and carers .
the current issues facing carers are caught up with the complicated question of care funding, unfortunately the government have dodged this issue for the last ten years and seem unable to offer any solution instead of taking action they have published review after review.

As you may be aware the Conservative party has already announced a number of measures that we will implement when we are in government .
We will ensure that everyone that cares for someone else has the right to request flexible working hours so that they can manage their career and their caring responsabilites in the best possible way.

We will also ensure that every person who wants direct paymentscan do so to ensure that they can get the support and assistance that they need and want , rather than being forced to fit around the provission of the local authority.
in addition , we want to establish clearer rights to respite care in order to recognise the role played by voluntary carers without whom local social services would be wholly incapable of meeting the needs of the disabled and chronically ill .
thought so-- wot gits,, is it because we all email him that much he actually has a template set up for carers? blimey i need to find anothor MP lol lol lol
blimey i need to find anothor MP lol lol lol
There will be a few more people having the same thoughts... Image Image
i mena to harras,, now my email addy isnt on the black list,

hmmmm who would be a gooden??? my local one is pretty poo and knows i didnt vote for him (i toldhim face to face when he tried to get a photo opertunity witht he woman with a kid in a dissabled buggy)
David has always regarded carers as the unsung heroes of our society, and believes that we don't do enough to celebrate their work.

He makes us sound like the last night of the Proms rather than people who save the country £87 billion a year Image . Don't you just hate "unsung heroes" and "celebrate their work", they all use it and I find it really insulting, as if we can be bought off with words.
Patronising, vapid rubbish. More or less what you would expect from a posh old Etonian with no real-life experience outside of politics and legal salons. If they ever do get elected back to power, can the last one to leave please turn out the lights?
We already have the right to ask for flexible work hours. If we're working and in a position to work.

We already have the right to direct payments - if we qualify for support.

The "ifs" are not going to change under any government.

Was he asleep when these went through Parliament - because he was an MP at the time?
We already have the right to ask for flexible work hours. If we're working and in a position to work.

We already have the right to direct payments - if we qualify for support.

The "ifs" are not going to change under any government.

Was he asleep when these went through Parliament - because he was an MP at the time?
and if's aside, just because we have the right, it still doesn't mean we get it. Image
myrtle-- thats spot on