[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
being a carer and income support - Carers UK Forum

being a carer and income support

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Been caring now for 6wks for my dad doing 35hrs plus travelling sometimes 3hrs a day as we all know how public transport runs on time :lol: had to visit income support that opened me eyes was asked maybe I could work 12hrs a wk and still care then wouldn't have to claim income support. felt put down its as if im not doing anything was there nearly 2hrs so then had to make up that time at my dads.also was told could get carers in if my dad got money he would have to pay.dont know if anyone else had same experience?
Tracy that's awful, I care for my husband 24/7, he/we get Employment Support Allowance, so I had to go for a work based interview at the job centre, the advisor I saw was brilliant to be fair, she suggested my husband apply for PIP (personal independence payment)as his illness does impede on his daily life, the form is wait for it.... 40 pages long.... because if he gets that I can claim carers allowance in my own right, so just a thought perhaps it may be something you could look into. Hope this is of help
Thanks for your reply petal my dad gets attendance allowance.Iwas a carer for my mum until this aug when she passed away I lived with her I gave my job up 6yrs ago so I understand your position no sleep most of the night.didnt have to see income support then but now I suppose because my dad dosent live with me I do im sure when I get in a new routine with travelling it be better long days as it was with mum but didn't have to leave house as often. I explained to lady my dad wouldn't want carers in he a private person he 80 nxt year :)
Ring the Carers UK phone helpline.