[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BBC QUESTION TIME BIASED AGAINST CARERS UNPAID. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

BBC QUESTION TIME BIASED AGAINST CARERS UNPAID.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Caring tends to be a policy area that attracts broad consensus across all the parties, meaning its not a "policy battlefield issue" - so it is more suited to magazine type programming than hot political debate. When we ran the Scottish Carers Poverty Protest, a dozen or more MSPs from all sides of the spectrum came along to talk to carers and show their solidarity, there was no obvious division. As for the BBC, it has an outstanding track record in social policy reporting including issues like caring that may not be very sexy or attract huge audiences, but are of public concern. I would trust the BBC coverage a lot more than Fox or SKY, anyway, which are only interested in sensation. But maybe I'm biased, I spent an hour on the phone just the other day to a BBC producer who was doing some in-depth research for a programme on Direct Payments - another carer had passed on my phone number.
care does indeed seem to be a settled issue and not a topic for great political debate.yes i can see a magazine piece being more usefull.though i feel most aspects and issues have been covered fully.
Kenneth, I think others were concerned that you seemed to be stating that Question Time is biased, rather than asking the question is Question time biased against carers?

There's a world of difference between the two and if all you're doing is asking the question, no problem. But I think some of us would need some evidence if it was a statement of fact. I think that's all Maxi and Excalibur were saying.
Yes just asking the question Charles. kenneth2nowfife
i dont think carers or the issues they face,either are favored or excluded on qt.i think that they are not sidelined.i think its just that truth that whatever news agenda prevails on the day of the show governs the content of the questions.for a current affairs show,which is the format of qt,its as it says on the tin.it does what it says.covers the issues of the day,on the day.i dont think carers issues really fit into that format,unless some newsworthy carer issue happens.
Thats a pretty serious allegation, Kenneth. I mean, if it is true, then someone might lose their job. I wouldnt go saying things like that unless you are 100% sure, after all you might get sued and lose everything you own. So what exactly is your evidence?
No l was just asking perhaps we are not good enough or valuable enough to society as a whole and also on the subject of material things l own l lost or due to massive carers living and breathing mounting debts was forced to sell my wee 2 bedroom flat in dundee in 2007 l have not house for them t take. just saying this kenneth2nowfife.
No l was just asking perhaps we are not good enough or valuable enough to society as a whole and also on the subject of material things l own l lost or due to massive carers living and breathing mounting debts was forced to sell my wee 2 bedroom flat in dundee in 2007 l have not house for them t take. just saying this kenneth2nowfife.
I don't think the BBC is after your house, Kenneth. Seriously though, how is your mum, how are you?
i think theres just too much in a carers life that needs healing,its not just money,but thats one thing.theres so much else wrong for many carers.no one question could ever ask it all,no one answer could ever resolve so much.
I have just been on q.t. last week with a question for carers. They ask you to send one question via email and on the night supply you with a paper to write another topical question down. they collect them and take them into the back and choose about 7 out of 150. As they have suggested that you choose a topic in that days news and it is preferable to be cutting edge, you feel that you have to ask something that they are looking for if you want to be heard. They know exactly what they are looking for. They want to make interesting tv. I feel they are not concerned about our concerns but very concerned that the programme is most interesting to the public. Having said that David Dimblby is very pleasant and puts you at ease. On the questions that are successful in being chosen, he does allow several members of the audience to participate. I feel what would make a difference is another petition to Downing st, an interview on radio or bbc maybe.
we watch qt hoping for a good-old-spat,old outraged of tunbridge wells wants a jolly decent whipping about whatever that days mail,express,or telegraph felt was just awfull.sun-readers,and i guess there are one or two who can think of issues beyond football,celeb gossip,those awfull overseas types taking all our jobs,etc,might want to see labour getting drubbed by a tory or ukip sort over some topic of now.

truth-is,carers issues for none carers are,at best a yawn.

qt,to get 10 million viewers in the multi-platform fragmented world of tv today,with so many many choices for viewers must keep it topical,current,ideally,a matter where there wont be too much agreement of panel members,what a bore if everyone agreed with everyone else.qt just is not the place for carers stuff,not the usuall ongoing issues we know too well.
,what a bore if everyone agreed with everyone else.qt just is not the place for carers stuff,not the usuall ongoing issues we know too well.
Yes, a routine question about stoma care would flop, but a question about some poor Kurdish family in the news who have been evicted from their 36th floor Motherwell Council flat and threw themselves off the balcony to their doom rather than have their disabled daughter lose her chance of regular dialysis and die as a result would be just purrfect. You have to go with the flow... its about the media and they work by different rules.