[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bill for Carers on 24th April in the Commons - Carers UK Forum

Bill for Carers on 24th April in the Commons

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I am not sure if you will be interested but thought I would post it.
I wish them luck.

Barbara Keeley (Lab, Worsley) will be introducing a 10-minute rule bill, the Carers (Identifi-cation and Support) Bill, in the Commons on Tuesday, April 24.

A 10-minute rule bill is a short bill introduced by a backbencher who is given 10 minutes to speak in favour of it after question time.

Pauline Dye, chief executive of Coventry Carers' Centre said: "While we continue to be disappointed that all the legislation related to support for family carers has come through private members' bill, and thus, by definition, brings no new money, we support all efforts by MPs to raise carers' issues and the need to ensure carers are supported in their vital role in society.

"If it [the bill] gets further, the government will have to respond to the issues it raises and may support some of them through guidance changes or future policy commitments."
I have emailed our MP Dr Ian Gibson, who is a member in chill4us and he is also supporting this bill.

http://urlsnip.com/278442
Yes, I listened to this with interest. Is it normal that this 10 Minute Rule Bill, is to have a second reading as far away as 19th October - (2007) I presume?
Hi Irene,
Charles has put some further information here
http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=347
Hi Wendy,
Thanks for letting me know that about this useful information and to you too Charles. I will peruse it with interest a little later on to-day. This is Community Relations Week in sunny Belfast, so there are lots of meetings that a former Carer like me can attend, hoping to become better informed.
Best wishes,
Irene
Sorry, Irene and Wendy, but credit where it's due - it was Norman!
So sorry Norman