B&Q taking action against disabled parking abuse

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Took Mum to B&Q today for a new plant pot - my niece sent her an azalea for Easter (she gets 10% discount on a Wednesday with her Diamond over 60's card!) - our local store is on a trading estate with Argos, Boots, Next etc and of course blue badge parking is at a premium.

Obviously they've had complaints because now there are huge notices everywhere saying if you park in a disabled bay and don't display a blue badge then you will be clamped - if only a few more stores would follow their lead Image

Paula
Well done to B&Q Image
Hey thats great news paula - i wonder if all b & q stores will be the same - it would be nice if all stores would do it
Glad to hear it Paula its about time! I do hope that more stores will take this onboard Image
Especially our local Tesco's Image
trying to find a space there,with all the lazy gits who park in the disabled bays is a nightmare sometimes Image
When I have dad with me in the car (he has a blue badge) and there is no space I sometimes use the parent and child as it is nearer the shop than the token two disabled bays anyway.

One day I was pulled up about it and I said......."This is my dad, technically I am his child.....If you have a problem with that I can have a temper tantrum to prove how childish I can be" The guy took off, but I would have done it if I had been forced to.
Have a look at

http://www.disabledstickers.co.uk

They do a range of VERY sticky stickers which are difficulat to remove. They cost around £2.00 per pack and you can stick one in the middle of the windscreen of any car parked where it shouldn't be. Mum and I had a right chuckle when we found a motorist cursing over our handiwork as I wheeled her out of Tesco's!!!

Sample: "You've had my parking space, do you want my disability too?" (Other texts available.)

I have had no problem in posting these where necessary. Not sure if this is legal, though, but I haven't been charged with criminal damage yet!
Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield have just turned 6 double rows of parking into disabled bays, we went at lunchtime expecting to have to fight for a space and you could have parked Concorde there - about time too Image
All well and good that B&Q are setting an example... But I went to B&Q with Ange last weds, when I went to get the wheelchair we had a flat tyre, so I went to the Customer service waited in the queue for about 5 mins for a store chair. when I got back to the car they had clamped us, Ange was still sat in the car protesting to the bod clamping us. I had not displayed the badge as I wanted to know if there was a chair or not and the person claming us actually appologised, however insulted at the same time saying he could not understand Ange.

Grrrr but well done as well I suppose..
Hi
It's best if you put your badge on show at all times when parked.
I know you just nip into B&Q but there are people out there job Worth's they don't take notice of anybody.
Our friend who's a police officer was telling me that if I leave my wife in the car a go into a shop.
I am breaking the law if we are parked on yellow lines as the badge is for the use of my wife only and that I could park else where and go to into the shop.
But my thoughts are they should be doing something about those that don't need the disable spaces and nab them.
John