[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
At Breaking Point - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

At Breaking Point

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
[quote]
I also urge you to check the Saga Trust, and get yourself nominated for a break - I feel really, really, lucky to be jetting off to Scilly Isles next week on a Saga Trust Carer's break.
If I managed to get one, then I'm sure anyone can![quote]
I'm too young to qualify for the Saga Trust (be over 50), and the Benefit assessment was a waste of time, with them saying I didn't qualify as I was too young or had no dependent children. I appear to be in a catch 22 position, IF I could leave my husband and manage to go out and work I would get more benefits and help, but his conditions require me 24hours a day so I can't go out to work?! So for me being a full 24 hour carer, means I lose out on lots of things and help, if I could work I wouldn't need the extra help, where's the justice?
do you get Carers Allowance? If so, then your assessment must to assess YOUR needs, when I got CA, I had no dependent children and looked after hubby 24-7. Once you are a "registered" carer, the council have a duty to assess your needs, and this is not means tested, it is test of your physical and emotional needs.
I urge you to contact your husbands social worker again.
im in the same boat i look after my mother 24/7 carers assement only would give 1 hour for shoping i allso have had no break for 15 years no one cares only carers my doctor told put your mother in home when i told her about my money worries and very strest