[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
At Breaking Point - Carers UK Forum

At Breaking Point

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I am my husbands full time carer, i am feeling rely run down as I can't get any sort of break ,I have not had a break in 9 years , i feel stressed out as a result not managing to get a break , or help form any one.
only time i get out is if have to go o doctors or shopping thats it .

I am on my own and there no one there how cares , i think it the same for wifes or partners,family s of ex service men/women ,

the government dose not care about them or how cares for them.

sorry for going on there.
I think we all need to go on and on sometimes. Nothing wrong with that. At least we can talk with other people who know what it feels like.
I know the feeling Trina, life as a Carer is very monotonous, and no time is your own.

Don't worry about letting off steam.
Hi Trina,

I just wanted you to know that i am thinking
about you, and you can let off steam, sometimes
just writing it all down helps.

xxxxxx
You don't have to apologise for going on, letting it all out really helps, especially here where people know where you are coming from.
(((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))
Hi Trina

I'm sure there are more experienced people who come on here and advise you, but you should be able to access some help. Have you had a Carers Assessment from Social Services? You are entitled to one in your own right, nothing to do with Hubby, and YOUR needs have to be looked at.

There is a telephone helpline for this site and I'm sure they will be able to give you excellent advice as to how to arrange things.

In the meantime know that you aren't alone and everyone on this forum understands what you mean and how you feel.

((((((((hugs)))))))))

Christine
I echo everyone's feelings on here. can't do anything practical for you, unfortunately, but can send lots of ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) xx
Have you had a Carers Assessment from Social Services? You are entitled to one in your own right, nothing to do with Hubby, and YOUR needs have to be looked at.
I've had the Social Services come out and see me, but all they could advise or do; so they said; was help me to get a smaller flat - to reduce my housework - in a local area with a high drug and alcohol abuse rate. Not really a place 'd choose to live in and not really helping me in any way, as I don't want to move from where we are. I thought they might of helped me in some way maybe get a break or something.
a carers assessment is for your benefit, they have to assess your needs. My assessment gave me the ability to have time for myself, by giving me funds to use as I wish, and also giving my caree, my husband set amounts of respite. Now, ok, we don't get the amount allocated, but we do get some.
I also urge you to check the Saga Trust, and get yourself nominated for a break - I feel really, really, lucky to be jetting off to Scilly Isles next week on a Saga Trust Carer's break.
If I managed to get one, then I'm sure anyone can!
You have to look after yourself - that is the number one priority for us, but in the meantime, lots of hugs and good thoughts are on there way to you Image
Hi Trina4

Thinking of you and sending you a hug and strength to get through.

Bluebird