[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Are there any carers here who do not recieve any benefits... - Carers UK Forum

Are there any carers here who do not recieve any benefits...

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
or services because of this?
just curious.
x
Not currently, but it took the DWP over a year to give my wife DLA with lots of refusals and appeals etc. For that time I had to be on Jobseekers and basically ask for a job that allowed me to leave at ANY point in order to help my wife, it would have to be so close to my house that I could walk home in less than five minutes and have pretty much a continual conversation with my wife in order to know when she would need care... Needless to say, they couldn't find me anything suitable.
The point is that I wasn't on any suitable benefits but I did still have some kind of benefit. Don't know if this helps.
Hi Butterfly, apart from CA, we are entitled to nothing, we both care for our daughter full time, but qualify for no benifits at all, and we have no savings or any other income.
Hellooooooooooo Butterfly, how are yoooooooo? Hope you're okay these days.

We receive benefits, but not many, although I do get carer's allowance.
as i work 25.5 hours a week,though care for well over 50 hours a week,minimum,i get no carers allowance,no benifits of any kind whatsoever.
Thanks everyone for your replies.
x
all i get is the carers allowance and the 25% council tax discount ,, as i have a modest private pension i`m aged 59 ....
hi there,
all i get is my C.A. i only work 9 hours a week now, but as OH works were not entitled to anything else.

myra
id bet we are talking many thousands who dont,due to working and being a carer,network with other carers,cuk etc.there are thousands who work,care and get zero for the caring aspect,in terms of state help.
I get a big O....... as i work 20 hours a week, but if they cut my daughters services...it will be a different story, im dreading it. I cannot do anymore that i am doing, i used to work 30 hrs, cut it to 20 and changed my job role, go into work different times to suit my daughters needs,mainly waiting for transport. So ive lost out financially, and at the moment dont feel valued and under more pressure. Oh im on a downer Image