[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Teething issues with carers - Carers UK Forum

Teething issues with carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I had my first 2 hours of help last week and the first one came in and went through my kitchen like wonder woman cleaning everything (which it needed) and re arranging things (which it didn't). I am finding in week 2 I am spending loads of time trying to leave things in the right place for the carers so they don't need to do things that annoy me! It is sort of defeating the point at the moment of having any help.
I don't want the carers to get the hump thinking they are just cleaners but that is really all they can do as Dad "doesn't need any help :roll: ".
Yes, there is initially a period of adjustment. It might be an idea for them to have a dedicated cupboard of things they need. Then be firm that they don't move, or even touch, anything else without asking. I could do with some whirlwind cleaners down here!!! Let dad get used to them, and then gradually introduce more dad related tasks. Do you have a "communication book" where they can write down things they would like/need, and vice versa? So you could write a list of tasks for them.
Is this not a chance for you to pop your jacket on and high tail it out of the house to get some 'me time' away from anything?!