[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another Request About Removing Relative from Nursing Home - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Another Request About Removing Relative from Nursing Home

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
William thanks for explaining this, lots of useful information for all of us.
William, thank you. That is really useful to know. I am already listed in the DOLS application as my mum’s representative so if it opens some possibilities it may be very useful. I had tried already to contact some solicitors (for legal aid around the DOLS) but no responses as yet. I haven’t gone down the court of protection route yet but am holding it as a possibility.

Thankfully, finally the social service processes have kicked in for managing the CHC assessment so things are starting to happen, and I am visiting two care homes next week to start to find the right one for my mum. I just hope my mum doesn’t deteriorate further but if I can give her information about what is happening hopefully she will be OK. I am off down to Margate again tomorrow on my weekly 600-mile round trip so it will be reassuring at least to see her and provide some support.
One of the important questions to ask any home is "Can you look after mum, whatever health issues she develops, for the rest of her life?" You want this to be her last move.
My mum's nursing home inspired this question. They said that they couldn't manage huge blood loss, or give mum treatment like transfusions, but other than that, yes they could deal with everything.

After a mini stroke in the home, mum's doctor sent her to hospital and she was in the "Assessment" ward. It was a very negative experience for both of us, they weren't equipped to deal with mum's disability either. After that, and the many, many hospital admissions previously, she told the doctor she didn't ever want to go to hospital again.
Thanks Bowlingbun, I will make sure that I ask this question of all the homes I visit.