[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another example - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Another example

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Topic locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I read that article and your replies with tears in my eyes...my problems fade into nonexistence.
But I am left with that underlying thought that bugs me all the time...when is it my turn? Yes, it may be selfish and self centred..or it just may be the desire to HAVE a life, to have some me time, to have the chance to do something different, to have any spare cash saved not spent on yet another labour saving device or disabled equipment, to be able to afford a holiday as well as respite fees.
in other words, I just want to be me sometimes, not always, just sometimes.
I read that article and your replies with tears in my eyes...my problems fade into nonexistence.
But I am left with that underlying thought that bugs me all the time...when is it my turn? Yes, it may be selfish and self centred..or it just may be the desire to HAVE a life, to have some me time, to have the chance to do something different, to have any spare cash saved not spent on yet another labour saving device or disabled equipment, to be able to afford a holiday as well as respite fees.
in other words, I just want to be me sometimes, not always, just sometimes.
No way are you selfish or self centered so please dont think that.What you feel is shared by many others.Its a natural feeling about a situation not of your making.
Take time to read over the following link ( 2 in one ).The thread on the old forum was....What 12 words sum up how a carer feels?I bet you will find many members who share some of the feelings you do.

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/archive/ ... 63537.html

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=335

New members may find it of interest too.

Be strong
Rosemary
x x x
Hi
One thing about this site is we understand each other we may use different words but they mean the same.
John.
I can understand how Liz feels and I think it was brave of her to be so candid in her report. I think many people would love to be the totally devoted carer but in truth people cope in very different ways and not everyone is cut out for the caring role. Myself included. I can honestlly say that I do not always look forward to seeing my mum because although she's been disabled for nearly 20 years, I still find it really hard to see someone who used to be so capable now so vulnerable - as does she. However, since April (when Mum was very poorly and we thought she might die), I have made more of an effort because I realised how dreadful it would be without her. I try and organise my time better (!) so that the time I do spend with her is quality time.

Izzywizz said:
But I am left with that underlying thought that bugs me all the time...when is it my turn?
That's how I feel sometimes....and feel so angry when I see people getting benefits left, right and centre that I just know they do not deserve but cannot do anything about it because I am bound by legislation not to ask certain questions. But that's another story....

Hope everyone is ok by the way - haven't posted for a while xx
CB..your thoughts on your mother are exactly how I feel about mine. She is now in a residential home, but even when I do have the time to see her, when Hubbie is at daycare, I find it very painful...she was the strong, capable, loving mother...now, when I need her love the most, she isn't there for me. This, of course leaves me with incredible feelings of guilt - it's not her fault for god's sake!
How do others cope with all the guilt feelings?
How do others cope with all the guilt feelings?
Somehow. After all, there ain't no alternative.