[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anne maguire MP SO CALLED CARERS CHAMPION. - Carers UK Forum

anne maguire MP SO CALLED CARERS CHAMPION.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
WHO voted for this woman and what is she or supposed to do for us unpaid fulltime carers in the uk.

I have a no faith confidance in this woman to actually support what we carers have to enudre day in day out.

maybe somebody could tell me and other posters what she has achieved or done for us UNPAID FULLTIME CARERS.

kenneth2dundeenowfife
Hi Kenneth I have never heard of her. Maybe mods could post some details, regards
Hi Kenneth I have never heard of her.
Nor any of us..... and thats the problem!! Image Image Image Image Image
Hi Kenneth I have never heard of her. Maybe mods could post some details, regards
If you click here ,there are several links to articles about her.

I am with Kenneth on this.I think she was an extremely bad choice.
What do others think?
After hearing her on carers and JSA...appalling choice! NO way can that woman represent our interests!
After hearing her on carers and JSA...appalling choice! NO way can that woman represent our interests!
Which is exactly why she's there Image Image
Having read her oral evidence to the DWP Select Committee Enquiry into the Government's Carer Strategy (what strategy? more of a "throw them a few peanuts and hope they are satisfied") and seen her performance elsewhere there are few carers who know less than her about carer issues.

I think that she is an appallingly bad choice or a brilliant choice dependent on whether you are a carer or the Government, unfortunately carers are unable to choose their own champion but as we are used to being denied choice on that basis at least the appointment is appropriate I suppose but other than that... Image .
Hi all,

Anne McGuire has not been appointed by government to any official "Carers Champion" role. She has been asked to be a Parliamentary Carers Champion by the Carers Week coalition.

Each year Carers Week asks an MP to be a champion of Carers Week in the House. This year it is Anne McGuire who as some of you know was previously the Minister with responsibilities for Carers benefits until she was reshuffled last year.

I see concensus here seems to be she is a bad choice, I don't know what the process is, by how she was asked, but Carers Week works as a coaltion of the 10 charities. They usually try and pick an MP who has been a carer themselves and Anne McGuire has been a carer for her Mother. She talks about it in this interview for Carers Week, and her role as champion

http://www.carersweek.org/newsroom_page.asp?id=42

Matt
I think I can feel a "Widdecombe moment" coming on Image .
im sorry but one of amys logs could do a better job--

at least it stinks to start with, not false promises and then stinks