[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
andrew marr show radio 4 monday 24th jan robot carers - Carers UK Forum

andrew marr show radio 4 monday 24th jan robot carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
feeling a bit usless ,as a fulltime carer caring and housework my only friends , already a bit down then, apparantly carers can be replaced by robots?
The Andrew Marr interview mentioned ,that dogs and carers could be replaced by robots in the near future (note dogs were mentioned first),it was just the way he said " "dogs and carers could be replaced" in a question, that bothered me.
It was like carers were the lowest of the low in society,Carers are the most unlikely workers to be replaced, with ,cleaning ,showering, feeding ,medical duties telephoning,lifting,cooking ,pushing ,speaking for,allday and night ,what duties would a robot carer do ?grrrrrreeeeaabu
There could be a bright side to robot carers ...... after all what caree would refuse to take their tablets or play up to this carer....

..and just think how effective it would be when asking for SS support Image

Ann

Please forgive me , but I have already been visited by that model.
Please forgive me , but I have already been visited by that model.
They come in different colours. Image Image Image
As we already have robots working in social services and call centres then why not as carers?

remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-tuY0Z7nQ
I do Sprinter. Image Image Image
did not listen to this show , but in a week when Riven Vincent is looking for extra respite care is that all the beeb can come up with????

when we have a robot that can spoon feed, and wipe the bum of someone then our days will be numbered ,, and just who will the poor old elderly disabled person talk to ... oh aye they can all use the phone.....

but as carers we are in fact all robots now ... the word robot is a Czech word which means
SLAVE WORKER or ONE IN SERVITUDE ..... thats us, i`m sure of that ...
I agree with you George.
WOW!.Must-just pop-along to those kind people at "Dragons Den" and "sell" them my idea of the "CAREBOT".Yes,Im sure ARGOS would sell tons of em!.

Id make MILLIONS.

But,must not "Drone"-on about it,
That man has gone down in my estimation.....ann, i remember that model passing my eldest who has learning dissability and autism the first time it made her jump out of her skin and she was quite frightenend by the experiance....second time the darlek came past and said "greetings earthling" she stuck out her arm to block it and promptly told the darlek to "p***off Image Image i wanted scotty to beam me up Image Image , i hope it wasn't a child operating the darlek........so i think we will give that model a miss Image ........