[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Am I being unreasonable? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Am I being unreasonable?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Marcelle, I'm horrified that mum should choose not to keep clean.

Mum made us bath every day whether we needed it or not.
My late husband, sons, and I are all the same, but they usually did need it as they were always playing in the garden or on some piece of old machinery, at work and play!

You have said that the chances of getting rehoused in the short term are pretty remote.
When did mum last have a needs assessment, and you a Carers Assessment?
In some circumstances, the involvement of Social Services in situations like this can persuade a housing association or council to put the people concerned on a priority list.
Especially if you left, mum deteriorated and there was no option but for Social Services to have to fund mum and sister's residential care!
Marcelle it is so frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any solutions, I am sure that social services would have to find a solution for you, but not sure it would be so ideal but it would be a start.