[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
advise needed - Carers UK Forum

advise needed

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
hello! I am a carer for my husband! I am in need of a break away,but with my career.as we like to be together! Last year I had a some of money through my gp but I gather from silc in surrey that it was a one of payment! Is there anyway that I can try and apply anywhere else! I have recently had a hip replacement and am slowly getting back to normal! But still have to be careful!! Regards Amanda
Hi Amanda
Have you asked your local authority for a Carers Assessment? I have just been funded for a short break from my local authority, it really depends where you live how good their services are.
Our authority financial year is April to March so depending on when you were given it last year, you may be able to apply for a break via a carers assessment.
Hi I am at a loss as to wmho I can ask for help with having a mini break with my disabled caree I applied through silc in surrey but they have said GPS only give out I payment ! We don't have a proper holiday but a mini break away is well in need! Are there any charities that I can ask? We both have arthritis and I am recovering from a hip replacement! Regards Mrs Amanda Harrison
you could have a look here http://www.turn2us.org.uk/ - then use the 'grants search' tab.

(p.s. Amanda - I'm merging this thread with the one you started previously on the same subject)