[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
A Rhetorical question. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

A Rhetorical question.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Don't try my local Waitrose August Bank Holiday or Christmas Eve. They give out sweeties to those in the checkout queue to prevent customers revolting! Then there are the old dears at the Lifeboat spring fayres who seem to have trouble noticing me, and attempting to elbowing me out of the way so they can get to the bargains before me - and I'm 5ft 10in usually wearing a bright red fleece. Tesco online is probably safest!!! And I live in one of the officially wealthiest towns outside London.
Ouch! I was about to write something and bit my tongue Image. Now I have forgotten what it was Image Image .
Remembered, I was going to reply to Audrey's post Image Image .
Image Image Image Image

But Oh my goodness gracious me Cheryl this is all so worrying. In your heart of hearts, do you feel you can possibly give me some advice on a very personal problem? I need to do some shopping soon. Please be totally honest. Can you let me know, if in your considered opinion, you think i will be safe in... Waitrose? Image Image
One does tend to get the nicer type of person in Waitrose, you know, aspirational, nice house, nice big car, kids at private school, none of your chavs in shell suits or, worse still, pyjamas
Image , wielding turkeys. And you should be safe from old dears, once they reach 60 and are on a pension they cannot afford to shop at Waitrose. Audrey, there is absolutely no need to lower your standards and shop at ASDA or Tesco online, if you do not want to shop instore Waitrose provide online shopping as well with suitably obsequious delivery staff, you even get a free bottle of wine if they deliver your Christmas shopping later than scheduled on Christmas Eve! Although I must warn you, I have been known to shop in Waitrose Image !
I'm a committed Waitrose customer, for one simple reason - it's the only supermarket in town with a disabled car park!
Mind-you,what a laid-back easy pace there is in Aldi.Rage-free.Well,so it seems. Image
Pleased to report i did my shopping very early today. The only suspicious character there was myself Image Image . Found myself uncontrollably laughing out loud Image .... as i contemplated the risk of a Trolley-rage incident.

I had a Master Plan. I would deflame any violent encounters by following Parsifals advice and saying sorry if my attention deflected from my shopping. I also put L plates on the trolley. Inspiration for that came to me during the night as i stressed about the risks. Good huh? Image
Excellent, Audrey, very impressed Image Image . But do be careful that no-one sees you uncontrollably laughing out loud or you too might find yourself being committed. To an asylum.
]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif[/img] Image Image

But Oh my goodness gracious me Cheryl this is all so worrying. In your heart of hearts, do you feel you can possibly give me some advice on a very personal problem? I need to do some shopping soon. Please be totally honest. Can you let me know, if in your considered opinion, you think i will be safe in... Waitrose? Image Image
Oh you'll be fine in any supermarket just remember to wear full metal armour and a crash helmet......a rottweiler sat in your trolley would go along way towards preventing anyone elses trolley bumping into yours Image

Mind-you,what a laid-back easy pace there is in Aldi.Rage-free.Well,so it seems. Image
Ah yes that's very true Maxi the shopping experience at the Aldi/Lidl stores is very relaxed......the shoppers amble up and down the aisles looking for something they want to buy.......and along with the fact that many are far to distracted with consulting their czechoslovacian/polish/russian/turkish/spanish/italian pocket dictionaries trying to decipher the ingredients of the produce to notice if tank rolled over their trolley!!! Image
Pleased to report i did my shopping very early today. The only suspicious character there was myself Image Image . Found myself uncontrollably laughing out loud Image .... as i contemplated the risk of a Trolley-rage incident.

I had a Master Plan. I would deflame any violent encounters by following Parsifals advice and saying sorry if my attention deflected from my shopping. I also put L plates on the trolley. Inspiration for that came to me during the night as i stressed about the risks. Good huh? Image
Well done Audrey....it was probably the uncontrollable laughter that got you safely through the experience any kind of unusual behaviour will keep people at a distance....unusual choices of clothing have the same effect Image

Also you have to keep in mind that you are not shopping in Wales, us welsh have to live up to the image of that fire breathing dragon on our flag.....it's not easy I can tell you Image Image
Cheryl,The food in Aldi,I find,is so tasty,the mood so mellow,the pace so relaxed and laid back,it often has a European feel to it. Image
Sorry to be pedantic Audrey byt cavemen and dinoaurs weren't around at the same time. Cavemen and wooly mammoths maybe - and look who lost out there. Image

Eun