[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BALIFFS HELP NEEDED - Carers UK Forum

BALIFFS HELP NEEDED

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
HELLO CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE LAW ON BALIFFS AND PEOPLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS AS IVE HEARD FROM OTHER WEBSITES THAT I CAN REFUSE ENTRY TO THEM CAN ANY HELP ME ON THIS THANKS KAREN
If you open the door, you've had it.

Never open the door. In the meantime get legal advice sharpish. There may be a community legal service in your area.
The major question is, what type of Bailiffs are you dealing with?

Are they County Court Bailiffs or Private Certificated Bailiffs, if it's the latter then becareful as those guys are cretins. County Court Bailiffs are slightly more reasonable as they're working on behalf of the crown whereas private ones are just working for greedy bosses.

Regarding the law, my advice would be to not let the bailiffs into your property but deal with them outside your property. for example speaking through the letterbox or speaking to them outside.

As Charles said contact a local advice centre like the CAB, CCCS or National Debt Line. You could seek online help from these people too
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for ... .html?f=76

Try speaking directly to the bailiff firm, speak to someone in authority there as well they might be more willing to help if you explain the situation in full. It is important you tell them all the issues regarding this problem.

To reiterate, Dont let them in, if you have let them in already ensure all doors and windows are securely locked.