[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
REPLY FROM D.W.P. - Carers UK Forum

REPLY FROM D.W.P.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Have had e-mail reply from PURNELL`S place of work .

the question i asked was if carers who are on income support move onto J.S.A. they will receive a "pay rise" of about £10 per week C.A. £50- J.S.A. £60 per week therefore as a carer who is not on income support or any other benefit due to the fact that i have a private occupational pension i will remain on some kind of new carers allowance at £50 per week why have you not increased my allowance to match that of those moving onto J.S.A. as they will have a higher benefit than me for doing the same caring role .

part of reply

you are correct when you say carers in receipt of income support will be moved onto the job seekers allowance but they will not be requiered to seek full time employment .
They will remain on the same level of overall benefits as their income support will be reduced to reflect the higher level of job seekers allowance .
carers allowance will remain and you will remain on the carers allowance and will also be exempt from seeking full time employment.

iam confused yet again
They dont have a clue what they are on about me thinks!
they have no idea what they are on about
and no idea how we live.........................