[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
A Jolly Good Book. - Carers UK Forum

A Jolly Good Book.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Have you enjoyed books as much as I have?.Do you love books as much as me?.Does the written word leaping off the page get you every time?.I think,to unwind,relax,chill,you cannot beat a jolly good book.

For me,as a carer,its a great help.

Often a book will inspire me to see the movie when and if they make one based upon it.

Such was the case this week.I went to see WARHORSE.Incredible.Stunning and a story which touched the heart.

Books are incredible.
I love my ereader and have almost 200 books on it so far as I love reading too.

Eun
I love reading too. If you enjoyed Warhouse then why not read "Private Peaceful" by the same author, Michael Morpurgo. Touched me so much, I cried.
Eun that e reader sound great. I have seen them advertised, but as you may have gathered (from some of my previous posts) I'm a bit of a technophobe and something of a Luddite Image,and never really known what they are/do. I think I like the sound of yours. I may well look into them with a bit more interest, with a birthday coming up in March (will give time to save up).
Jimbo I too am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology. I didn't buy the Kindle as I felt that I would then be tied to Amazon. I bought a Binatone ereader from Argos which I felt was good value though if you go on the internet some people don't like it. With the Kindle you have to buy a separate case, and then you have to buy the light separately too (and these are around £30 each). With my ereader you can listen to music and watch films on it too (although I confess I haven't done that yet Image ). You get a free cover with it too and the screen is backlit so I can read in the dark when I can't sleep without disturbing my husband. I haven't bought a single book for it yet - all my books have been free. I got the entire Conan Doyle Sherlock Homes series of books and have really enjoyed them - I would never have thought of buying them.

Eun
My daughter bought me a Kindle for Christmas, I love it but keep trying to turn the pages !!

At the moment I am reading the Jennifer Worth Series I read " Call the Midwife " and it is great to see it on TV now.

Conned.
My daughter bought me a Kindle for Christmas, I love it but keep trying to turn the pages !!

At the moment I am reading the Jennifer Worth Series I read " Call the Midwife " and it is great to see it on TV now.

Conned.
Im sure iv got this book, i think i started reading it but found it hard to get into. Might dig it out.

Love reading, got a book on the go at the mo but not sure what it is, read it at night. dont really get much time inthe day. x
I love reading, usually half an hour at night before I go to sleep, but I'm afraid I prefer a real book Image Image
Ive been re-reading Pam Ayres poems.Oh so funny and so well observed.My partner has always two books on the go.A weighty one at home,and her paperback for the bus. Image
Love a good horror story!
Can't watch horror films though as they give me nightmares! Image
E readers are a great idea, but I much prefer a smelly old book!
x