[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Emergency Card. -Carers UK Forum

Carer's Emergency Card.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi
Our local council have started a scheme where you can register and carry a card.
Saying if found that someone relies on this person to care for them.
You fill in a form return it to the council and they send you a card to carry on you at all times it as your name on it and informs the person that as found it where you live also who they can contact ie relative or friend and Tell's them the condition of the Carree.
There is also a Emergency number on the card where someone can be contacted 24-7 it's a social care number.
I now carry one as from today.
I say well done our council.
John.
Great idea John, let's hope all councils adopt the same scheme.
Some councils run the scheme, others run schemes that are tied to those whose cared for use the emergency link schemes. Hopefully they'll all realise that a proper emergency scheme will put more minds at rest. Surely it would be a cheap way to help some carers back to work?
Hi

Thanks for letting us know. English Councils are being given £25million to help set up such schemes and to provide emergency respite. This follows a campaign by Carers UK called Back Me Up which hihghlighted the impact of emergencies on carers' lives and the worry that thinking about what woudl happen in an emergency can cause.

You can read about the campaign here http://www.carersuk.org/Getinvolved/Spo ... mergencies