[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
A Gimpse into my Life - Carers UK Forum

A Gimpse into my Life

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
This is only my second post and I hope it's OK if I ramble on a bit. Rambling is a hobby of mine. Image Not the walking variety!
It's been quite a couple of weeks - more so than usual, with an elderly mother, a son with paranoid schizophrenia, another one who has Aspergers......plus, oh joy of joys, caring for my partner who has had a replacement hip operation.
I will never forgive my Mother for not having had a sibling for me (preferably sister) Even at her age of 87, I am still living in hopes, although she tells me it is definately not on the cards. Apparently I was more than enough for her Image Image
My highlight of the day is giving my partner his injection at night - teeee heeeee Image Only another few to go though, so I shall have to look for other highlights lol.
Oh wow...weekend....hmmm....oh yea, I forgot, I have my Aperger's son (Mathew) and his children around. They are good kids really - but....very lively and I'm hoping that they haven't inherited their Father's condition.
Of course, the five gerbils, hamster, two cockatiels, two cats and one parrot keep me amused ..AND busy.
Sometimes I think that Caring is the only thing I know how to do!
Just off to see if the dinner is burning.... Image (I know how to do that, very well!)
Sending you all hugs...
xxxx
Aww bless your doing a great job. Sounds like your doing it al by yourself Image ?. Is there no one that can give you a day or even a night off. Even a few hours helps. regards pips
Thanks, that's a brilliant post.

I'm hoping for a lot more comedy and inspiration like that, Caring_Mind.. You clearly have what it takes, and in spades ... I just wish you could bottle your bravado and send a wee bit my way!!

This board is getting better and better, but I have a feeling the best is yet to come ..... how did you find us by the way?
but I have a feeling the best is yet to come
That must mean you're leaving does it ? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
You have come to the right place Caring Mind.Swings and roundabouts, in that one day you may be looking for support,the next you are giving it.We also have a laugh and tease each other no end, as you can see with Excalibur.
The main site is full of information too, with many links to various groups/organisations.
Any questions just holler.

Rosemary
x x
Hello once again and thankyou all for the kind replies.

pippin49: No, nobody to help - *oh, woe is me!* No, seriously, there is nobody else, so I just get on with it. Take one thing at a time - not easy when there are about five things need doing all at once. I shall be happy when someone comes up with the idea of how one person can clone themselves into different being when the need arises! lol.

Excalibur: Aw, thankyou. Don't get me wrong - I have my down days too - think we all need to really.
*"Can you come and put my sock on- left me crutches in the bathroom"*
"Yes dear, on me way".......
Now then, what was I saying?
Oh yes, it's good to see the funny side of the situation on the good days.
I don't think I have much bravado to send, but will a virtual ((((((hug)))))) do?

The way I found this site was through Google (good old Google), after closing my own support site, due to lack of interest, or something like that. I had wanted to do a local online support group, but after two years of trying, thought it was time to call it a day! Image Image

Rosemary : I'm sure that I will enjoy the site and hope that I can add something, too Image
Hi and welcome to this site, certainly got your hands full Image but reading your post......you've still got your sense of humour Image Image Image , help, advice and plenty of support on this site and ooohhhh you get a few laughs along the way. Sending my best wishes to you and yours.......mand
That must mean you're leaving does it ? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
I'm nominating this for post of year Image Image
Well if we dont laugh we cry!!!!! Big hugs to you

Mwahhh Cheryl xx
I'm nominating this for post of year Image Image
Ouch!
Oh well, serves me right for winding-up Rosemary and George all those times I s'pose. Actually I'm surprised he didnt join in (no George, that's not an invitation!) Image