[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
£60 bonus (new to this just a quick question) - Carers UK Forum

£60 bonus (new to this just a quick question)

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi
My daughter became entitled to DLA from 15/12/08 so she missed the £10 christmas bonus. It does say on some sites (this one too) that if your entitled to DLA from 22/12 then your entitled to the extra christmas bonus.

Im just wanting to know if this means she will qualify, or does it mean that if you got the 1st christmas bonus and your still entitled on 22/12 then you get the 2nd?

I also claimed carers from 15/12, i have an underlining entitlement but my money wont kick in until 26th Jan as they need to sort everything out with the job centrre, although any money owed will be backdated to 15th dec. So does that mean i too get the 2nd part of the bonus???

Sorry for bothering you, still trying to get my head around all this, my daughter is only 8 motnhs old and suffers from breathing probs (unknown diagnosis)
If you were entitled (doesn't matter if they haven't paid it yet) on or before 22nd December you should get it.

Check with the DWP office dealing with your claim as they may have missed it - you should have had the £10 too I think.
You should get it Chrissie - this is from our press release. I would phone the office as Charles suggests

Information for carers:

More information about the Christmas Bonus can be obtained by ringing the freephone number 0800 141 2591.

The Christmas Bonus is a tax free payment of £10 from week beginning 1/12/08 for people who receive a qualifying benefit and reside in qualifying countries. It's paid with the usual benefit payment.

To receive this payment, you must be entitled to one of the following list of qualifying benefits for a period which includes at least one day in the week beginning 22/12/08:

* Carer's Allowance
* Attendance Allowance
* Disability Living Allowance
* Disablement Benefit (but only if it includes unemployability supplement or constant attendance allowance)
* Long term Incapacity Benefit
* Contributory Employment and Support Allowance if it includes either the support or the work-related activity component
* State Retirement Pension
* Pension Credit
* Industrial Death Benefit for widows and widowers
* War Disablement Pension but only if aged at least 65 before end of the relevant week
* War widow's or surviving civil partner's pension
* Severe Disablement Allowance

Neither the Christmas Bonus payment nor the additional £60 payment will affect other benefits you may be getting.

More information about the Christmas Bonus can be found here.
I was in touch with pensions agency Monday on an unrelated matter they told me the £60 will ???? be paid with my carers allowance due in Jan 14th ?????
I get mine on a Monday so hope its in mine as its daughters birthday on 14th
I was in touch with pensions agency Monday on an unrelated matter they told me the £60 will ???? be paid with my carers allowance due in Jan 14th ?????

I get mine on a Monday as well.Best take a look next week Image
I had to speak to Carers Allowance office today, and after my enquiry was finished
they volantarily told me about the £60 bonus and it will be paid with my carers allowance in March.
Grrrrrrrr could be Narch then, ho hum!
I had to speak to Carers Allowance office today, and after my enquiry was finished
they volantarily told me about the £60 bonus and it will be paid with my carers allowance in March.

Thats what i read on here before.Tis confusing Image
My letter said January, I wonder why they are deferring a "Christmas" bonus til then?