[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 million Carers? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

6 million Carers?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
i agree with you linda. if only a day of action could be organised somehow, it would do us a power of good i think.
This has often been mentioned on these boards, but nothing comes of it as everybody seems to feel that it would be to difficult.
pam
Man on MTB

You are a carer, and i can relate to what you going through, my wife also suffers with severer pain which she describes as like putting her limb into a fire. I am not ashamed of being a carer but am ashamed of being on income support. I have tried going back to work on 3 occasions which did not work out, I still regularly look at job adverts just to see if there is one i could do. I will never admit that i will never work again (I am 47) I always put my wife first though.

I also have come close to having a breakdown and now on anti depressants which the GP as told me he as no intention of taking me of them, Caring for someone who suffers from severer pain is very distressing.

My wife as a chronic disabling illness the same as yours from what you described, so yes i would class you as a carer.

At the end of the day it does not matter what i think it is what the government thinks that counts.

Kevin