[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
24. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
sundays i stay in my pyjamas- so does amy, its our day of rest (sort of) we dont get dressed and after bath just pop clean PJs on!
oh yes,i dont shave,unless i must,i lounge in my pjs on sunday,unless i have to go out,i do walk the dog in pjs and,if wet,a coat.that is, its me wearing the pjs and coat,not the dog.
I sometimes work on Sundays because I usually have back-up then from Mrs Excalibur or the boy's PA, but I do like a decent roast dinner to come home to, and to be fair, it's quite often me who cooks it. And a good bottle of red wine helps. But it's odd, most of us don't go to church except for funerals and weddings, but we still like to hang on to making one day a week a bit special, thats nice, isnt it?

To me probably the best Sunday treat is supporting the Gers, especially when Old Firm Football or a Cup Final is on the agenda - there is nothing to beat being at Ibrox or Hampden Park with 48,000 fellow Scots making a really silly amount of noise !
But I'm looking back at some great matches over the years, home and away; against the likes of VillaReal, Ajax, Panathinaikos, Stuttgart, Olympique Lyonaise, Man United, Barcelona, Sporting Portugal, Zenith St Petersburg, and the rest: and on reflection they are just as good on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday, to be honest... even if we usually lose!
THE KEEP SUNDAY WORK-FREE LOBBY HAVE ALLWAYS BAFFLED ME.I THINK,BACK IN 1994,I THOUGHT THE ARGUMENT WAS PRETTY DAFT WHEN I HIT UPON A MEETING OF THE KEEP SUNDAY SPECIAL LOBBY AT A BIRMINGHAM HOTEL.I FOUND IT CURIOUS THESE MIDDLECLASS 9 to5 MON TO FRI PROFESSIONALS SOUGHT TO RESTRICT SHOP OPPENING OURS ON SUNDAY,DISCUSSING IT OVER SUNDAY LUNCH IN A HOTEL.SO IT WAS OK TO HAVE HOTEL WORKERS SLOGGING ON SUNDAYS BUT NOT THE STORES.NEVER QUITE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT.
Sunday is roast day followed by a session at the pub Image
Sunday. Hmm, it used to be my only day off work. Now it's much the same as any other, being retired.
I do like to either buy a roast dinner from our local resturants or if I can, get Jill out to one for a dinner. Dosen't happen very often though Image Other than that, I cook one all in our lovely new microwave oven in a caserole dish, so's it dosen't splash the inside and give me a cleaning job. It's delicious and only takes an hour to cook. (I hate cooking!)
This time of year I do baked spuds in it and have a ham salad. Lovely!!
yes,as it should be,indeed,alex.what sundays are all about,that,and a trip to b and q.