2012.Old Maxi,s Almanac.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Within the realms of the realistic,We would all like Carers to get double the current carers allowance,free bus travel,fluffy slippers and a large yellow rubber duck for the bath,But,being REAL.Knowing the Government as we do,and the fact,aside from warm words,and a pat on the head, What plausable,doable 2012 aspirations would you like for carers?.

Id like a nice big buzzer and a trap door for the carers summit.Every time the politician fielded to give that usual crap pep talk,Those platitudes,yawning rhetoric etc,waffle,starts to deliver the garbage,The buzzer is sounded,trap door opens and down they go.YES!. Image
Understandable. But then who would we put in their places?
The large yellow rubber duck, i would think, Image Image Image
Understandable. But then who would we put in their places?
The large yellow rubber duck, i would think, Image Image Image
DWP, social services, the press... anyone who has a problem with us carers and what we do!!! Image
I would like for carers to be listened to without having to SHOUT
I would like Joe Public to recognise that we are employed, that we actually do work (very hard) and are not scroungers or layabouts with loads of time on our hands Image Image
I'm with Susieq on this one - would make my life a little easier!
I find keeping a 9 iron in the hall way is very handy.Merry Christmas,and I do hope your all well and coping ok today.Putting some politicians in the stocks,an ideal carers summit event,and letting us pelt em with tomatoes is therapy indeed.
I would like them to replace the entire welfare benefits system and replace it with something written on the back of a fag packet. At least we might all understand it.
When the same swift effective medical care Prince Philip will be getting applies in EVERY Uk hospital,Then we will have created a decent,fair society.