[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 words to describe your caring role - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

10 words to describe your caring role

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Charles, that is brilliant! A Facebook user has just suggested:

'Something I do for love, but the government doesn't care!'

Kate
stress
unfairness
worry
guilt
tiredness
loneliness
invisible
responsibility
challenge
complexity
prioritizing
envy
relentless
organization
frustration

oops - already exceeded my 10 words in about 5 seconds!
Isolation
Loneliness
Invisibility
Misunderstood
Tiredness
Frustration
Anger
Guilt
Fear
Despair
The ultimate test of my marriage vows every single day.
The ultimate test of my marriage vows every single day.
Absolutely
Just curious, but why do any of you feel guilt? (It's cropped up in several lists.)

Surely (speaking logically!) only if you personally caused the condition of your caree(s)(which I'm sure none of you did!) is there any reason to feel guilty about anything?

Considering what even my first brief glance at this forum has shown me vividly, so, so many of you are coping with virtually uncopable-with situations, showing the kind of fortitude, strength and resolution that would break many others....

Please, please, surely the very LAST thing you should be feeling ever, is 'guilt'????

????

Kindest wishes to you (and BOY, do you put my own very easy 'caring' issue into massive perspective!).

Jenny
I feel guilt because I am the carrier of DMD who unknowingly passed this godawful condition onto my son. Perhaps if he had someone else for his mother he would have been healthy and my husband would not have to watch his only son suffer Image

Eun
I feel guilt because I am the carrier of DMD who unknowingly passed this godawful condition onto my son. Perhaps if he had someone else for his mother he would have been healthy and my husband would not have to watch his only son suffer Image

Eun
...But what a wonderful mother you are x
Your son could not have existed except for the meeting of your egg with his father's sperm. And what are the chances of that? A quick wank here, a "can't make it tonight love, see you next week" and none of us would exist.
We don't know it, but just by being born, we've all already won the biggest lottery there is going... being born!
Your son - mum - has already achieved more than most I know. Even if he hadn't, what's there to feel guilty about?
I think you're assuming that if you'd gone with a different bloke you'd still have had Robert, only healthy. No you wouldn't; you'd have had a completely different child, but not Robert.
For what it's worth, I think he's amazing. Keep those burnt match sticks going to prop up your eyelids, Robert... Robert knows what I'm talking about!
Because of Robert's petition; I've signed other ones. Including one to some lord or other about stopping 15 minute paid carers visits (They'll probably vote to make them 10 minutes instead!)
I wouldn't have bothered except your son, Robert, picked my conscience.

Guilt that, because of my caring role, I'm not able to give my other children the time or experiences that they deserve and that I wish I could give them.

Guilt that I'm not being a good enough wife because I'm always exhausted.

Guilt that I don't spend enough time with elderly parents.

Guilt that I'm not contributing to the household income.

Guilt that I'm not a good enough carer.

Guilt that I can't divide myself into enough pieces to do all these things.