Experience with Caree with chronic pain?

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Hi everyone!
Just wondered if anyone had any top tips for the day to day of chronic pain and the medication that goes with it please!
Any advice/ tips would be much appreciated thank you!
I was in severe pain from my knees after a car accident, happily resolved after five years and two replacements no more pain. I only have one kidney so couldn't take much pain relief, and if I did, got terrible digestive problems.

Then I read an article about managing pain, in an Arthritis Care magazine. Hugely helpful. It suggest two or three days of doing as little as possible, then gradually doing more, making a note of the resultant pain. I learned that if I did a bit, and then sat in my recliner with a coffee for half an hour, and then repeated, I got lots more done without unbearable pain. However if I pushed myself to do it all in one hit, and then stopped, the pain was greater. It also talked about planning around pain. So if you know you have a wedding on a Saturday, then make sure Friday and Sunday didn't include anything that caused pain.

Central to all of it was my recliner, often more comfy than sleeping in bed!
Hi, my wife an MS sufferer who has several trigger point that can cause her excruciating prolonged pain has recently been trying CBD and I've read many articles on how it has benefited people in chronic pain, CBD is a canibaloid perfectly legal and available on line, if you'd like anymore info in happy to furnish more info and a reputable company. Kindest regards John.
Depend what type of pain I am in pain constantly because I have fibromylagia and athritis,there are pain meds it maybe worth seeing the GP see if they can help