[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Suggest Some Yoga poses for elderly people -Carers UK Forum

Suggest Some Yoga poses for elderly people

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Hi,
I run a shop of mobility accessories in UK. Most of my customers are elderly. They normally come to buy different types of walking aids. Many of my customers asked for advice regarding freehand exercise e.g. what kind of exercise will be suitable for them. So far, i told them to walk and that's the best form of exercise for elderly. Now, i am thinking if there some yoga poses suitable for people aged over 70. I am not a physiologist. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Lee,
A couple of easish ones, lie on back and lift legs towards ceiling- great for circulation

Sit on chair back straight and close hands in fron t fingers up in prayer position then raise arms very slowly above head to stretch arms keep muscle tone - the trick is to do it very slowly.

Sitting back straight draw small circles with nose and increase circles making sure it is always comfortable

Sitting in a chair , stretch out one leg and do some ankle rotations

All quite gentle but safisha nd follow the golden rule- if it hurts stop!
Henrietta wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm
Hi Lee,
A couple of easish ones, lie on back and lift legs towards ceiling- great for circulation

Sit on chair back straight and close hands in fron t fingers up in prayer position then raise arms very slowly above head to stretch arms keep muscle tone - the trick is to do it very slowly.

Sitting back straight draw small circles with nose and increase circles making sure it is always comfortable

Sitting in a chair , stretch out one leg and do some ankle rotations

All quite gentle but safisha nd follow the golden rule- if it hurts stop!
sounds very cool
thanks a lot for these ways
This is an old thread, I am locking it.