[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
problems using phone - Carers UK Forum

problems using phone

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
I care for my husband who has Parkinsons disease. His main problem is a very severe tremor. Now this makes using the phone very difficult as he cannot hold it still. I have been trying to locate a decent handsfree phone, without success. What he needs is a phone which he can speak at without holding it. The handsfree on our current BT big button phone is hopeless- not loud enough and sound is distorted. When I was at work we had a system whereby you could hit one button on the phone and then continue what you were doing without having to pick the phone up- you could even move round the room and still speak into it. This was a business system though. BT cannot suggest anything, nor can any of the shops I have visited. The internet does not come up with anything. There must be something out there! Can anyone help?
hi dear get in touch with telecare they will help
telecare consists of equipment and services that support your safety and independence in your own home

Disabled Living Foundation
380-384 Harrow Road
London W9 2HU

Helpline: 0845 130 9177
Textphone: 020 7432 8009
Opening time: 10am - 4pm, Mon-Fri

Equipment Demonstration Centre
To make an appointment call 0845 130 9177
Textphone: 020 7432 8009
Opening time: 10am - 4pm, Mon-Fri

Switchboard: 020 7289 6111
Opening time: 9am - 5pm, Mon-Fri

They even have a forum all the best coffee x
We have one called a doro.
It has very large buttons for easy dialling and you press one button to speak hands free without even having to lift the handset, very clear too.
We got it from the local disability shop and very reasonably priced too.
Many thanks for the help- have heard of the Doro and will take a look at it- also will follow up the Disabled Living Foundation reference.
Thanks again!