[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Oral Hygiene - Carers UK Forum

Oral Hygiene

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Just wondering if any members have problems cleaning their Caree's teeth? My Mum can't have anything orally and it takes 20mins or more to get her to let me everyday, problems is that she can't rinse as she would swallow the water, so inturn I'm not getting rid of all the toothpaste probably. We are waiting on the Community Dentist visiting as she has been suffering with pain in her gums, I've been using Corsodyl and painkillers. Also been drying pineapple and rub it round her mouth. Anybody got any tips that I have not thought off?

Any suggestions would be really apprieciated..

Take care
Maryann x
hi Marryann
try the Oral-B Brush Aways . it is a little fing you slip onto your finger rub on the teeth then you just throw it away. no need for tooth past or water.
you can by them at any chemist or supermarket.
hope that helps . Christal xxx Image Image
Fortunately Mum has dentures so it's just a case of putting them in to soak every night although she does struggle sometimes to keep them in, her gums have shrunk and she hates that paste stuff so now she just puts them in to eat and when we go out, the rest of the time she doesn't bother.

Paula xx