multiple sclerosis

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Julie, hi - if you've just joined the forum today, do you want to post in the 'New' section at the top of the list? That way more will see your post, though, of course, there will be fewer of us with direct experience of caring with someone with MS. But sometimes any 'carer' experience can ring bells with each other, however different our particular situations.

All the best to you at a difficult time - kind regards, Jenny
Hi Jenny

Thanks for replying :)

I will give that a go and see if I get a response.

Best wishes

Julie
HI THERE MY HUBBY HAS MS, AND I JUST WANTED TO ASK, WHEN AND WHO DECIDES THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR A WHEELCHAIR, HUBBY IS IN NEED OF A NEW MOBILITY SCOOTER, BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHETHER TO GET ONE OR IF HE IS GOING TO NEED A WHEELCHAIR.. THANKS
Hi Linda
When mum needed a wheelchair we went through our local social services and her GP, and she was assessed at Westmarc, we live in Scotland, do you have a contact number for occupational therapy department? They will be able to point you in the right direction.
Good luck
Kirsty
Not sure if this works everywhere, but we got a very nice wheelchair on 'permanent loan' from our local St John's Ambulence. I only had to put down a fifty pound deposit (repayable when I return it), and so far I've had the chair ( a simply manual one) for over a year, and it comes in very useful for 91 y/o MIL.