[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MS: Left leg shudders (Tremors) - Carers UK Forum

MS: Left leg shudders (Tremors)

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
I am wondering if anyone with MS has shudders, (also known as tremors) I am asking this because the car I have is manual, and when I put my foot on the clutch my left leg shudders and this makes it harder to control the car with the clutch moving up and down, at the moment I can't wait to be able to take my foot off the clutch, which doesn't happen unless I put it in neutral or untill I've gone through the gears to 6th gear.

I have another 2 years to wait before I can get an automatic, which would help my situation; but don't know what to do to stop it from happening, is there something I could do to ease the problem, if anyone can give me any advice I would be very grateful.
Sorry Joanne, but when my oh started to have problems driving he stopped and I did it all.
You don't say if you had the car through Mobility, but it might be worth checking with them if you did to see if they could put manual gears on.
Sorry Joanne, but when my oh started to have problems driving he stopped and I did it all.
You don't say if you had the car through Mobility, but it might be worth checking with them if you did to see if they could put manual gears on.
Sorry Myrtle, Yes the car is a mobility car, I'm not sure what you mean, as I said the car has manual gears.
I think Myrtle means adaptations so that a clutch mechanism can be operated by hand to change gear, rather than relying on a "twitchy" foot?
yes I did Image
Thanks Charles Image
It seems my partner was right; he said it could be because I hadn't driven for a while and I'm nervous, and once i got used to driving again I was fine, until my dad asked me to put the car somewhere where I thought there was a chance of damaging the car, while doing it my foot was bouncing on the clutch and I was scared. but I worried about nothing cos there was plenty of space and nothing to damage the car with. So it only happens when I'm scared or nervous, but thanks anyway.
Glad to hear it's ok, Joanne75. Thanks for the update! Image