[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Collateral heart circulation - Carers UK Forum

Collateral heart circulation

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
Mums cardiologist told us she has collateral circulation within her heart. I understand that the blood vessels bypass damaged areas of their own accord but I don't know whether that's from a heart attack 11 years ago or the one she had last September. Also, just how reliable is it to keep working that way. Mums 90 but they told us she has coronary heart disease and not heart failure. Can this lead to heart failure or are the causes not related? If anyone can chip in with their two penn'orth, I'd be grateful.
Welcome to the forum. Have you thought of asking these questions to the British Heart Foundation? Make sure they explain not just what is wrong, bur also what it means for you and future planning. How much care is she going to need in future? You and your sister are doing an awful lot already, without any real break, judging by your other post.
Heart disease can lead to heart failure, but this depends on many factors. Could you arrange to have a meeting along with your mother with her GP, who can discuss her health condition and answer any questions that you and your mother may have?

Hope this helps.