[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, OCD and Hyperactivity...help! - Carers UK Forum

Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, OCD and Hyperactivity...help!

For issues related to specific conditions and disabilities.
My boyfriend has all of the above. He's highly intelligent, loving, caring and sweet but I don't know how to support him when he needs it. I'm disabled myself and do my best but I really don't understand what Dyspraxia is and any websites i've looked at have thrown a bundle of medical gobbledegook my way which makes little sense. He's perfectly capable of caring for himself but I know there are times when he's unable to sit still or he accidentally hurts me because he's concentration has slipped. How can I be more supportive and understanding when I don't fully understand whats wrong with him?

Can anyone link me to a site that can offer a human friendly explanation?
Although there are some differences between Dyspraxia and Asperger Syndrome, there are many similarities - try looking on the National Autistic Society website http://www.nas.org.uk, which has factsheets that you might find useful.