[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Friend has gone manic - Carers UK Forum

Friend has gone manic

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
my friend has been going through a lot ! She was pretty depressed earlier in late 2021 and now she has gone off her medication (with the help of her doctor) but has gotten increasingly more erratic and I believe now to be in a full blown manic state. She’s bought a brand new Lexus, got tattoos on all her fingers and has now put all this money into starting a business that has no realistic goal. She’s also made other big purchases and has opened a ton of credit cards. All of us, her friends, are concerned and she gets upset at any of us when we mention it ! We are genuinely worried that she is blowing through her money.

I know this sounds like none of my business but she legitimately is unable to stop talking and even has said “my brain is exploding with ideas!” She even wanted me to be her assistant for this reason, to write down all her “ideas”. Haha!

Any advice ? She told me she “will drop anyone with voojio shagle bad energy”

I just don’t want my friend to ruin her life.
Hi Jiwan,

I suggest you write to her doctor and let them know what is happening. They won't be able to discuss her care with you but they can listen to what you have to say.
Does she have regular visits from the community mental health team?

In the meantime read up on her condition on the Mind website https://www.mind.org.uk

Melly1
Dear Jiwan_2206
Hi there. I am Kristie a volunteer for Carers UK as an online community host and i would like to say i am sorry to hear about your friend and i hope you will be able to help your friend with the advice and information at Carers UK. I am sure you will get the help that you need.
So, welcome to the Forum! You are not alone in your caring role, i am sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and will offer you the support that you need. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.
Carers UK are running two online weekly meet-ups for carers and you can find the information on how to register at Care For A Cuppa:-https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ne-meetups. The second online weekly meet up is Share And Learn:-https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... e-sessions.
Our telephone number is 0808 808 7777 and the line is open from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm and our email address is (advice@carersuk.org).
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers:-
-Benefits And Financial Support
-Your Rights As A Carer In The Workplace
-Carers Assessments And How To Get Support In Your Caring Role
-Services Available To Carers And The People You Care For
-How To Complain Effectively And Challenge Decisions.
Best Wishes
Kristie