[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bi polar mania episode wife now convinced she wants a divorc - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Bi polar mania episode wife now convinced she wants a divorc

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi, just a quick update. The doctors have managed to get my wifes meds sorted and she is back to how she was before the mania.

She has apologised for everything she has said, and has said if the shoe was on the other foot, she would have run for the hills.

I would like to thank everyone that replied to my post and gave advice. Unfortunately I wasn't mentally strong enough to cope with everything that happened, but have started on some meds and the future looks bright.

My wife is going to be discharged from the hospital next week as she has come on leaps and bounds. Me and my daughter are going to visit her later as she has her first section 17 leave, so we can start up where we left things.

I would also like to say this forum is an absolute God send. I had no knowledge of bi polar mania, or what would happen and by speaking to people who are either in the same situation or have experienced it previously it was vital to me.

Hopefully I won't need to write any more posts, but I will certainly give any knowledge I have gained to others on here when it is needed. Simon
Thanks for keeping us up to date. When you wife is home again be sure to ease her back to running the home very gently with lots of time to adjust, I hope it all goes well.
Our daughter, during a four month psychotic episode went through phases of hating us and believing that we were holding her against her will, when of course it was a medical decision. She became her loving trusting self in the fifth month but now she is much better she still believes that hospital was a prison that did not help her. When she hears voices that tell her that her meds are poisoning her she then doesn’t take them and deteriorates, relying on alcohol and other destructive things as props. You need to be as objective as you can be to see that your wife is currently very unwell and it’s not personal. Look after yourself to switch off and stay strong for her.
Oh that is good news! I am pleased to hear that your wife is coming home soon.
I agree with you about this forum - it is very useful.