[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Advice for a step dad's mental health - Carers UK Forum

Advice for a step dad's mental health

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Hi everyone, I (20F) really need some advice right now. I live in CA, USA and my stepdad is really bad right now. Apparently he's seeing people who aren't there, he thinks he's the "main character" and his life is a show, he thinks the internet is sending him messages, etc. I moved out of my family's home a year ago, and I'm concerned for my two little brothers and mom living with him. I would suggest therapy or something because he needs it but he has no insurance and our family just doesn't have money at all. If it helps he has dual citizenship Mexico if Mexico has some free programs. Any advice appreciated, thank you.
Hello Askar,

I am sorry but Carers UK is a UK based charity and I don't think that we can be of much help to you as we do not have the information regarding what help and support might be available to you in the USA/Mexico.

You would be better to try and source local help - here in the UK we often advise people to "google" the term "carers support" along with the name of their town or county to find their nearest support group.