Mental health meltdown

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
108 posts
That's great news your ex is getting some help and the meds have helped,he must go to see the raid team if he becomes unwell and also his gp,sorry it's took so long for some help x
Good evening
I'm super excited because I have passed the first unit of my mental health course. I always knew it wouldn't be easy but I did it and I didn't think I would. The second unit is almost complete and ready to be submitted for marking. I wanted to share my progress with the lovely people of carers uk
Christine
Brilliant!!! I'm so pleased for you. Especially against such odds. Very inspiring
chridtine_1605 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm
Good evening
I'm super excited because I have passed the first unit of my mental health course. I always knew it wouldn't be easy but I did it and I didn't think I would. The second unit is almost complete and ready to be submitted for marking. I wanted to share my progress with the lovely people of carers uk
Christine
Yay, go girl! We love having something to celebrate :D
Good morning
Thank you pet 66 and Mrs Average for your lovely replies
Christine
Good afternoon
Does anyone know of any organisations that offer a telephone service that would phone a person to have a talk about their current mental health problems. I'm helping a young lady I know who has Anxiety and Depression and I suggested The Samaritans but she is reluctant because she said she had tried before and didn't find it much help to her. I'm out of ideas as to what to suggest. I have spoken to her about coming on to carers uk but even that she seemed reluctant to do. She needs someone to talk to other than myself because I can only answer so much for her. By simply listening it is helping her but I think she would benefit from talking to a person who would better understand her needs. She has talking therapy starting next month but if anyone has any ideas of help she could access now I can pass it on to her
Many thanks
Christine xx
Both these charities are for young people with anxiety. They both have forums and might have help lines
http://www.themix.org.uk
https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/loo ... -yourself/
Good afternoon
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd put my update on. I have just submitted my last unit for my understanding mental health course in for marking. All other units I have passed so just awaiting my result for my final unit. It's been tougher than I had expected and I've had tears of frustration at times but I've reached the end and I am so happy I didn't give up although at times I felt like doing just that. I'm excited for what may come next and very proud of myself that I managed to do this despite certain distractions along the way
Christine
Xxx
I'm so happy for you, it's a huge achievement to care and study. Well done.
Thank you Bowing bun xx
108 posts