[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
when someone has a manic psychotic - Carers UK Forum

when someone has a manic psychotic

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
Post a reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi has any one got advice of how to cope with someone when they go manic or act psycoto ex will talk loud to themselves for about 10 hrs all people say is go for a walk there only so many walks a person can go on has any got experience or any tips for me please thanks in advance
Very distressing - for you, for them, and for everyone else as well, alas.

Are they not on treatment to 'modify' such episodes? I suspect only drugs can calm them down when they are that manic.

I'm a little confused though - you say 'ex' but it sounds like you live with them, if you are talking about having to go out for walks when they get like this!
Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the forum.

You might find some good advice here https://www.mind.org.uk

Melly1
ex = example?
Ah, yes, could be that!
lesley_1507123 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:00 pm
Hi has any one got advice of how to cope with someone when they go manic or act psycoto ex will talk loud to themselves for about 10 hrs all people say is go for a walk there only so many walks a person can go on has any got experience or any tips for me please thanks in advance

I am thinking of you, as I care for my 23-year old son who has had a series of psychotic episodes, and I have wanted to run away when things get tough. I have downloaded an app called "CALM" for myself, so I can 'escape' into a state of meditation and mindfulness for a few minutes every day - which sort of helps me a bit. :blink:
Jenny Lucas I meant for ex meaning short for very stressful they are on tables but a side effect can be manic behavior especially if drinking thanks for your reply
Thanks for replys yes I'll look on mind yep that what I meant ex meaning example I feel for you with you son are you getting support and feel your heard ? Iv ask for help don't seem to be getting anywhere x :-(
Ask again. And again - as politely as you can. Emphasize any danger to themselves or others if there is any - because those are the things that really get services worried because they might be accountable if something goes wrong.

Apart from that, calm or whatever helps you to bear it. I found something as stupid as the video game bejewelled blitz took my mind away from my worries!

But get help. If things are that bad, then help should be there.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable