[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What mental health services are still running? - Carers UK Forum

What mental health services are still running?

For issues specific to caring for someone with mental ill health.
My caree very unwell mentally at the moment was in brief contact with mental health services 2 years ago but no help was given.
My care's mental health is going down hill.

Neither caree or unpaid carer (me) has been given any help or support.

What to do if your caree has a crisis? no idea .

Been told to contact the Samaritans but they can't offer long term therapy.

The GP knows about Mental health issues but has done nothing, my caree on anti depressants long term

but doing absolutely nothing towards management/treatment of long term mental health conditions.

GP again has told me to contact Social Services ref help for a carer, but again I don't see what Social Services can do/will do about mental health problems.

Been told by Mind to contact the Care co ordinator, there isn't any care co ordinator or care plan.

So again what is my first step who do I contact? but is Mental health services still running, doing assessments and appointments?
Possible the G.P. is trying to say....

There needs to be a new or updated needs assessment. Which can then highlight the need for mental health services.

This can be but not always a possible route in to local services.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-se ... -services/

Your G. P. should also do a referral.